• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Just was on cultizm and kind of bummed that their raw prices have gone up in the last few weeks.

Yeah, I think they've went up 50 euros in the past year.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Yeah, I think they've went up 50 euros in the past year.

In the past, there were several different LVC - Europe, US and Japan, each with slightly different ranges, each subject to the whims of their local head office.

Now, LVC is part of an independent worldwide operation, XX. The good news is that they have a dedicated team, can react more quickly, and are less likely to get lost in the corporate morass. The bad news is that they now have to stand on their own feet & pick up their own overheads: which means price rises.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
In the past, there were several different LVC - Europe, US and Japan, each with slightly different ranges, each subject to the whims of their local head office.

Now, LVC is part of an independent worldwide operation, XX. The good news is that they have a dedicated team, can react more quickly, and are less likely to get lost in the corporate morass. The bad news is that they now have to stand on their own feet & pick up their own overheads: which means price rises.

If this means a better product, great. I'll swallow the 50 euros, or whatever. But if the products are still so so, then it won't be a good move.

I'm following this closely. Meanwhile I am hoping for some more denim jackets (rigids) and I'm hoping that they are moving the production of the 505 back to the US.

As you once pointed out, Paul. LVC is a rather good and not least affordable repro brand compared to many of the Japanese brands. If the prices are moving closer to each other, then I don't see LVC sticking around for long, although I have seen more and more fashion shops picking up LVC - not any raw versions though.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Yup. I've actually seen LVC in quite a few new stores in London; but as their prices approach many of the Japanese brands, they need to approach their consistency. The detail should always be spot-on (they usually are, but not always) and in practical respects, like sizing, they need to be consistent (and at the moment, it seems they usually aren't).

If they use this as an opportunity to get to a new level, it will be the making of them. I hope they do.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aero Leather has a new updated website. They used to be the cheapest LVC source. +100 pound price hike yikes!

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
Aero Leather has a new updated website. They used to be the cheapest LVC source. +100 pound price hike yikes!

They were never the cheapest source. And they have always had the most expensive shipping costs.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not everybody lives in Denmark, no offense.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
You are absolutely correct, Entrero. We are only a select few (approx. 5.5 mio).

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Denimdebate

LVC 1947 understated elegance
inlove.gif

IMG_6434.jpg

MBradshaw

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying a pair of 1947 501xx's and was wondering, does the advice to go up two sizes in the waist still hold true or is it better to now only go up one size in the waist instead? I don't want to look through this entire thread for the answer. Thanks guys for all your help.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was about to buy a pair of LVC '55, but with the Cultizm price increase, I can get the deadstock Mr. Freedom California jeans for a few bucks more.

I know I trust Mr. Freedom's construction over LVC's.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
@Denimdebate

LVC 1947 understated elegance
inlove.gif

IMG_6434.jpg

Yes.

ubc121

Reaction score
Whats the quality like on the sweaters? I was looking at the cable knit on context?

JOA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBradshaw
Im thinking about buying a pair of 1947 501xx's and was wondering, does the advice to go up two sizes in the waist still hold true or is it better to now only go up one size in the waist instead? I don't want to look through this entire thread for the answer. Thanks guys for all your help.

I go TTS. Soak/wash as needed. Don't stress over it too much.

Cid

Reaction score
Who cleaned Farinelli's out of size 36W at $66?

So what is the best source now for 47s or 55s - cultizm even with price hikes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads