• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just finished Dieu du Ciel! Aphrodite (aka Aphrodesiac, according to the internet.) What an excellent beer. One of the finest, non-imperial, stouts I've ever had. Dieu du Ciel! certainly makes some good stouts, I'm a big fan of Peche Mortel. Easily in the same league as Bell's Kalamazoo. Gonna go pick up 6 or 12 tomorrow. Just picked up another bottle of Chartreuse at the store and a couple of other Dieu du Ciel beers to try soon! Just poured some Cragganmore 12. I should probably go study sometime, but I feel like I deserve a treat after having such a nice conversation with one of my favourite ladies
smile.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Margaritas. Corn chips on the side, yummy. Tacos later.
Originally Posted by Listi
Just poured some Cragganmore 12. I should probably go study sometime, but I feel like I deserve a treat after having such a nice conversation with one of my favourite ladies
smile.gif

Ah, teh wimmenz. Treat her well. ~ H

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
Laphroaig Quarter Cask followed by the last of my Ardbeg Supernova 2010. Typing this required heavy use of the Backspace key...

Supernova this year good? Worth it for $109?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I might have had one too many.

Came back from golfing and had two huge vodka and tonics. As in, used a whole bottle of tonic for my two drinks with matching vodka (Grey Goose, CostCo bottling).

Then, had four glasses an 07 Stefania Pinot with dinner.

Then had another huge vodka and tonic.

Tried a manhattan with a new vermouth, Noilly Prat. I'm not a fan.

Now, huge Wiser's and diet lime coke.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am a fan of Noilly Prat

Caesar Augustus

Reaction score
This:

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I decided on the Cragganmore, it was around the same price as Laphroaig and based on internet reading, something I would enjoy. I haven't tried it yet, I will be tomorrow, and that's because...

I also bought Chartreuse today, and am trying it right now for the first time.

I threw it in the freezer along with a glass. I poured myself a bit into a snifter, I take a sip, and here was my thought process:

First sip: "Oh dear god, what have I gotten myself into?!"
Second sip: "I surely hope that I can make a good cocktail out of this, because there is no way I could drink a whole bottle straight. Christ."
Third sip: "Maybe it could grow on me..."
Fourth sip: "Okay, it's not bad, just difficult!"

*somewhere I magically poured another glass*

Second glass: "I... think... I think I want more."

I have to say, in its ice cold form, it's quite drinkable and very interesting. I'm looking forward to future bottles
smile.gif
also hoping to try a last word sometime... but there is no Maraschino liqueur in my city, true story. The person at the store told me I could try substituting Kirsch, which I'm going to try tomorrow. However, I'd really prefer an authentic Last Word! I'll pick up some Luxardo when I'm in Toronto.

Did you get the Green?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yamazaki 18 year old straight up. Very nice. Bummed it took me so long to discover this..

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Yamazaki 18 year old straight up. Very nice. Bummed it took me so long to discover this..

My only problem with Yamazaki 18 is that I go through a bottle way too fast...can drink that stuff like water. Mmmmmmmm.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8

One of the best scotches for the money. They import everything from Scotland, and use Japanese water. 12 yr isn't bad, but 18 is just
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Did you get the Green?

Yes, and I'm going to have some right now. They only sell small bottles (375ml) at my local liquor store so I bought a few.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
MTM shirt
dry selvedge denim
Allen Edmonds
bottle of Chartreuse green

am i up to styleforum standards?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ really, not Edward Green? Nope, you don't make the cut. (Full disclosure, I doubt my best shoes even make A-E standards).

Anyway, Pappy Van Winkle 20 here. Yummmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads