• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Diego Tailor for Suits... Romeo or Francois?

Modena

Reaction score
Hey guys, after digging through the suggestions on this forum, I've decided to check out Romeo Singca at Felice tailoring in La Jolla, or Francois at La Moda tailoring in Kearney Mesa. I've heard/read great things about them both between Yelp and here on SF.

I'm looking to have some alterations done to a couple of my suits, to make them hug the body a bit better, for a more fashionably slim fit. I'm also looking to have a couple pea-coats, blazers, and jeans tailored as well.

Between Romeo and Francois, which would you guys recommend based on personal experiences? Also, can anyone chime in on how their pricing and ease to work with are as well?

And for the guys that have experience with them both, between suits, winter coats, jeans, and shirts, considering price, quality, and expertise, would you take particular items to one or the other, IE, perhaps take suits to Romeo and designer jeans to Francois, or anything like that?

Thanks guys!

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
No experience with Francois but I can recommend Romeo highly. I've had him do everything from minor alterations to making up two jackets for me. I've been very satisfied with his work.

Modena

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
No experience with Francois but I can recommend Romeo highly. I've had him do everything from minor alterations to making up two jackets for me. I've been very satisfied with his work.

Thank you for the feedback... And, are his rates pretty reasonable, or what are your thoughts on his rates for both the minor and major alterations?

And, if he is more costly than others, would you suggest just going to him for the things that are more to his craft like suits and fine garments, and then going to basic/cheaper tailors for small stuff like jean hems?

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not read the feedback in question, but I can tell you that much of the feedback and ratings on Yelp are utter crap. "This restaurant is close to my house!!! Five stars!"

You are much better going with whatever you read on SF.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Modena
Thank you for the feedback... And, are his rates pretty reasonable, or what are your thoughts on his rates for both the minor and major alterations?

And, if he is more costly than others, would you suggest just going to him for the things that are more to his craft like suits and fine garments, and then going to basic/cheaper tailors for small stuff like jean hems?

Romeo is fairly expensive. I wouldn't bother using him for hemming jeans or khakis.

Modena

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
Romeo is fairly expensive. I wouldn't bother using him for hemming jeans or khakis.

Thank you Mr. Pink... Perhaps I'll just take my suit jacket to him, and have the suit pants and my jeans done at a "regular" tailor... Would you think any reason to have the suit pants done with him, or not really, as I assume that is a really basic hem job?

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Modena
Thank you Mr. Pink... Perhaps I'll just take my suit jacket to him, and have the suit pants and my jeans done at a "regular" tailor... Would you think any reason to have the suit pants done with him, or not really, as I assume that is a really basic hem job?

Out of habit, I take Romeo my suit pants as well, but there's probably no good reason for doing so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads