• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrKaizen
Great work, congratulations

thanks
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I recently picked up this soft-calf tophandle brief in a very dark green... almost a British Racing Green (looks black in some lights, but is obviously green in person). Real color is a little clearer in the second pic:
wYTA5l.jpg
N9JyFl.jpg
SO, my question now is how to match it with things. I tend not to need to wear suits much, and so most of my bags are black/gray. I really liked this one, but am having trouble figuring out colors that work well with it. Any suggestions from those with green bags? It's slightly darker than the older LV Taiga Epicea (dark pine) green, and the leather is softer.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Still looks black in both pics. I'd say that if you're going to rock a green bag then why bother trying to get matchy matchy? Just throw it on and run with it. Anything outside of black should look ok.

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Don't go with Mulberry. I bought a briefcase by them several years ago and the quality is just terrible for the price. The handles and strap have broken a few times, and I have had to get Mulberry to replace them. They tried to charge me for this each time, and it took a little tirade about quality to stop them. Finally, the lock on it, very similar to yours, just fell off. I can't be bothered with it anymore at all.

Overpriced. Made in Turkey. Trendy designs.

If I had the money I'd buy Swaine Adeney Brigg, but that's a grand a bag.

Have you looked at:

http://www.greatenglish.co.uk/defaul...7-125c683e7319

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
interesting. Thanks for the warning. Does anyone know who Mulberry contracted to make their bags for them?

They used to make everything in-house; they still do for some stuff, I purchased a Bayswater handbag for my wife and it was made in the UK. Overall the quality of their products has declined over the past decade though - too much fashion focus, heavily finished leathers and offshored production.

osgood

Reaction score
Hi, new here. Thinking of getting this bag, any general opinions on it?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kirbya
What do you guys thing of this bag? The picture isn't very good... but it's a Goyard briefcase.

1021720243_7dGUE-M-2.jpg

Go to the Yard. And bury it.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kirbya
What do you guys thing of this bag? The picture isn't very good... but it's a Goyard briefcase.

1021720243_7dGUE-M-2.jpg

That's not a briefcase

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have seen theatricals carry these Goyard totes. Oftentimes, there's some phony armorial coat of arms or coronet painted on there.

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lurch
I need this bag....
worship.gif

No doubt now i'm going to be scouting US ebay forever in hope that one turns up looking that good....
frown.gif

Bobby from Boston has several in their store right now, I think. So if you're in Boston anytime, you should check them out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads