• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Spoiler alert: new gunmetal twill chinos are boss

75123319_723fcfbbff.jpg

Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
mike, can you share the pricing on the epaulet sweaters? thanks!

also, where are the gant sweaters made?

Yes, it will range from $150 for the Italian Superfine Merino V-necks to $325 for the Canadian hand-knit shawl cardigans. We worked for months on sourcing these. Just like our shirts and trousers, they're made at some of the best facilities in the world for these types of items, and they really deliver a lot of value for the price.

Originally Posted by 1969
I've seen some of those Gant sweaters. They are like the throwback jerseys of sweaters.

That's a pretty apt comparison - especially that Nordic crewneck. You'll be on some 1971 Esquire ski-lodge style. And it's tough to hate that.

Originally Posted by sea bass
mike - when are you expecting your next mcnairy shipment? anything especially awesome coming in?
thanks!

Should be the end of October. It's just three styles of shoes - a plain toe, a longwing, and a saddle.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm working on a ton of online items today, but I had to post these up now. Every year, we get in a small collection of these Weekender bags, and they are unbelievably awesome. It's hard to overstate how steezy these are when you pair it with a good Fall look. They're made well, hold up to a lot of use, and are really well priced for what you're getting. Check 'em out below.

5018691491_a73c2375d1.jpg

Pendleton Brodie Tartan Weekender: $215

5018690427_99a272edcb.jpg

Pendleton Standing Rock Weekender: $215

5019295794_0e737eaa8d.jpg

Pendleton Tapestry Weekender: $215

Oh, and a note on pricing. If you go on Pendleton's website, these sell for $198. But it's a little over $15 for shipping. Ours ship for free, so the final price is pretty much the same. These are large and bulky, so the shipping cost is high. I had to price them up a bit.

We've also got an awesome compact messenger bag. The front wool is done in the classic Beach Boys gingham. It's a bit too small to hold a proper 15" laptop (which is a pity), but it's great for netbooks and regular books. Ipads too! The quality on it is really nice, and it's a lot of bag for the money.

5018692159_ef4884efef.jpg

Eco-Wise Messenger Bag: $135

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mike: what are the price points on the epaulet sweaters, and where are the gant ones made? Please let me know. thanks!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two up, man. Two up.

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Saw the sweaters yesterday, the Canadian hand-knit shawl cardigans are ridiculous, one of the best made, nicest knitwear pieces I have ever seen. I believe they are calling them the Alden of sweaters.

Also purchased the gunmetal chinos, the fabric is beautiful.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbrokerny

Also purchased the gunmetal chinos, the fabric is beautiful.

Any pics of the gunmetal chinos?

Mike, what is the weight on the gunmetal chinos? Are they heavy enough for these cold NE days and nights? Thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
mike: what are the price points on the epaulet sweaters, and where are the gant ones made? Please let me know. thanks!
Sorry, missed the second half of this question - all the Gant and Gant Rugger sweaters are made in China. They're all really nicely made, and have solid-quality yarns. China is actually a very strong place to make knitwear, as long as you can oversee the production and you supply good materials. Gant definitely does that.
Originally Posted by mbrokerny
Saw the sweaters yesterday, the Canadian hand-knit shawl cardigans are ridiculous, one of the best made, nicest knitwear pieces I have ever seen. I believe they are calling them the Alden of sweaters. Also purchased the gunmetal chinos, the fabric is beautiful.
Thank you sir!
Originally Posted by raven37457
Any pics of the gunmetal chinos? Mike, what is the weight on the gunmetal chinos? Are they heavy enough for these cold NE days and nights? Thanks
We won't have studio shots until next week, but I hooked up some quick outdoor snapshots - check them out below. Couple of notes on Gunmetal Twill: 1. It's f'in fantastic. The hand on it is heads and above anything that you'll feel from any sort of mass retailer. The drape is great. I only had a 1 yard sample piece when we ordered the fabric. I was blown away by how nicely it made up. We're definitely going to pick up more colors from this lot. 2. It's a bit heavier than the British Khaki and Navy. As far as wearing a cotton chino like this in the winter, this will be one of the warmer options. It's not going to be as warm as our Moleskin Walt's though. I would definitely call it a Fall-Winter-Spring weight. 3. I don't like hyping everyone out, but the stock is moving really fast. We made 95 pcs, and around 60 of those were already taken on preorder. We're sold out of size 32. I'm absolutely going to do another run of these ASAP, but that restock will be about 5-6 weeks out. If you're in the market for a pair, then definitely pick it up sooner than later. The snapshots don't do them full justice, but take it from me - you'll absolutely love these in person. 4. They're true to size and run exactly like British Khaki, Navy, and Digital Camo. 5. We won't be able to take the stock out of preorder and into general online inventory until next week - but everything is in-stock now. If you purchase a pair through the preorder link, it will ship out on Monday-Tuesday. Here's the link
5022984929_36ee8ac8c4.jpg
See Full Size
5023595216_b2dbe3d9cb.jpg
See Full Size

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw photo, bought pants, total time: 1'45"

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's get some teasers on the knits so I can figure out how many lemonade stands in a 25-mile radius I need to shake down so I can buy.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, didn't see the response when I reposted. Sorry about that! I'll work on my inter web skills. Can't wait to see the crew necks. Good to know about china, but I still have a hard time putting my dollars there.

Gunmetal twill looks unreal. You are pretty much nailing it over and over. Good stuff.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Let's get some teasers on the knits so I can figure out how many lemonade stands in a 25-mile radius I need to shake down so I can buy.
OK, sure. I think I bought the first shawl collar cardigan, so I'll post up some teaser pics. Beware these are iPhone pics taken indoors, and aren't exactly color accurate. Beware the blurriness. These are just to show interesting details.
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0715.jpg
IMG_0713.jpg
For virgin wool, it's really soft. The entire thing is hand-knit and beautiful. I got the dark green color, which is called Black Watch. What these photos don't show is that (1) the color is awesome, and (2) there are very subtle variations in the color that make it really unique. I found the sizing to be TTS (I wear a size 38 in most suiting and got a size 38 cardigan), but Mike can offer more specific details about color, fit, and everything else. There are really interesting details and stories behind the new sweaters, especially this cardigan, and I don't want to steal his thunder. Still, this should pique some interest. EDIT: Also the other sweaters that are not shawl collar cardigans are great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads