• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is just the video game geek in me, mario and luigi themed totes by nintendo
mario_luigi_totes.jpg
/nerd

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Haha, those are cute. I was never much into video games, so I have no idea what I'd do with one, but I can definitely see them carried by a 30ish salaryman and his wife as they cart around their little baby in a shopping mall in Osaka on the weekend.
lol8[1].gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nintendo needs to sell those in the US. I know several people who would buy one just for the novelty of it.
laugh.gif

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe my inner geek is dying but the "mario" bag looks more Russian themed, were it not for jays description I would have thought they were country themed bags
laugh.gif

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the novelty is priceless, i like the fact it has both tote and shoulder straps, looks like the perfect spring or summer bag for the beach or farmer's market shopping

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just came across this pic online... Goyard/Mastermind Japan collabo? Yikes... unless you're Keith Richards, how in the world could you make this stuff work?
WHLuN.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
File this under "Corny Gimmick."

Am I the only one who found this Goyard/Mastermind collabo a little over-the-top? I mean, unless you're Keith Richards, I don't think you'll look kitschy/campy with this stuff. I like Goyard, and I don't mind Mastermind... but together, I dunno.

WHLuN.jpg

To me this is an odd combo. I mean how bad ass are you with a Goyard anyway???? It is nice stuff, even elegant, but deserving of a skull and crossbones and so late in the game....silly. I would rather have a classic Goyard with a painted stripe and my initials any time.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
To me this is an odd combo. I mean how bad ass are you with a Goyard anyway???? It is nice stuff, even elegant, but deserving of a skull and crossbones and so late in the game....silly. I would rather have a classic Goyard with a painted stripe and my initials any time.
EXACTLY my thoughts. I just saw the pic online and wondered if I were the only one who thought, "huh????" Maybe I'll wait until Veuve Clicquot does a collaboration with Skoal.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea where one can get AG Spalding in the US? What about Europe?

I really like their look.

Originally Posted by rach2jlc

Yoox used to carry a lot of AG Spalding & Bros, whose leather document carriers were really nice. I have two envelope style ones that surprised me for how nice they were, and were about $100 each.

Prada black calfskin with gold hardware (zip and locking mechanism across the top):
bccc_1.jpg

Two AG Spalding:
DSC02911.jpg

[/IMG]

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any idea where one can get AG Spalding in the US? What about Europe? I really like their look.
Unfortunately I have no idea, as I got them off of yoox 2-3 years ago. They have a website here which may have stockists. I don't believe they are sold in the USA or outside Europe, though. http://www.spaldingbros.it/ I really like them and was surprised at the quality; full grain leather, good stitching/edging, nice hardware (Fiocchi snaps and such). Really nice items and very minimal/simple and functional.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, this is an excellent thread and your input is A1.

I have a question. I am looking for a single and a double wine/champagne bottle carrier. With handles and maybe even a shoulder strap. I can only find ugly ones, even up in the Napa wine country. Does anyone make a nice one? I'd love to see pics.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BTW, this is an excellent thread and your input is A1. I have a question. I am looking for a single and a double wine/champagne bottle carrier. With handles and maybe even a shoulder strap. I can only find ugly ones, even up in the Napa wine country. Does anyone make a nice one? I'd love to see pics.
I just saw nice wine carriers the other day... it will come to me at some point where that was and I'll update when I remember. One I remember was Moore & Giles. I've never owned a bag from them, so can't speak to quality/etc., but they look decent, and come in multiple color schemes: http://www.mooreandgilesinc.com/shop...son-chocolate/ Basil Racuk makes another, though on this site the price says $864 (which seems ridiculous), and on another it says $485. Hmmmm: http://www.basilracuk.com/collection...rkettote_m.htm I think Goyard actually makes one, as well... but who wants to pay what Goyard would want for it.
lol8[1].gif

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the nintendo bags take my videogame heart piece.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Never use online instant translators, folks.
lol8[1].gif
Was perusing online and found a blog whose writer speaks no English, and instead simply inserts everything from whatever native language (Chinese, I think) into it and posts it along with pictures. For an Hermes Verlan bag, which is a large tote that came out a year or so ago, we get this priceless description: The impulse of a Hermes Verlan 38 Soothing Tanned censor Bag comes from oversized board bag. This array has launched multiform organic as well as complicated written handbags. As referred to by a name, this is a “reverse” bag whose vegetable patch pockets as well as sewing snippet, a stitching have been upon a exterior. Baobab bovine animal censor is an innovative element, it is thick as well as permanent, soothing as well as clever, a pellet is as transparent as which of a tree bark. Also found these lovely Hermes items from the opening of the "Hermes Men" store on Madison Ave: $8500 baseball glove anyone? Any "bigtimers" want to get this for their kid's little league games?
8AMVS.jpg
Beautiful suitcase.
KVsWr.jpg
And the following, offered without comment:
vhA9B.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads