• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

delusions

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can find a pair a frames like the Adrian 118 (page 3-4) stateside? A fellow member has them and i liked the look. Thanks.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's have a discussion regarding eyewear sites - okay? Should be fun. Perhaps
you could send us a link to your favorite(s)? Critiques of some you may find
fault with? At the moment I'd prefer the designers' own websites rather than the
websites of opticians. Many today, in 2010, have many bells and whistles -
videos, creative graphics and color effects, and music or other sound effects.

Some, like the German Lunor Eyewear website, are fairly no-nonsense, like the
frame designs themselves. What image are the sites trying to convey? How
creative are they? Are they accurate, clever, cool, out-of-date, misleading, or
what?

Perhaps we could limit this to websites that concentrate on opthalmic frames and not just sunwear?

Please send them in!!!

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I'm patiently awaiting your response ;-) I'm looking for alternatives to Lunor in terms of style and quality. The Lunor brand made in Switerland is out of my price range but I'm hoping to get an equally well made frame perhaps from another country in the $300-350 range."

No - Lunor made in Germany! Near Stuttgart, as far as I can tell.

daruma

Reaction score
can anyone tell me about lanvin's frames? good or bad quality? or just middle of the road?

poissa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
Cool website, anyway! I've thought See frames are pretty interesting, the few times I've viewed them.

They do have a good selection of conservative frames along with edgier or more fashionable frames. Sadly, I can not yet speak to the quality of their products. They generally retail frames for $300 and another $300 for high-index lenses.

AlbertCamus

Reaction score
Are blond haired people limited in their choice of color and material? I feel that black is overpowering so I've been limiting myself to trying on brown and tortoiseshell, though I'm not sure if it would be better to go with a much lighter color. Also, thoughts on these?
staffordscf005brown.jpg

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlbertCamus
Are blond haired people limited in their choice of color and material? I feel that black is overpowering so I've been limiting myself to trying on brown and tortoiseshell, though I'm not sure if it would be better to go with a much lighter color. Also, thoughts on these?
staffordscf005brown.jpg

Me likee

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlbertCamus
Are blond haired people limited in their choice of color and material? I feel that black is overpowering so I've been limiting myself to trying on brown and tortoiseshell, though I'm not sure if it would be better to go with a much lighter color.

Also, thoughts on these?

staffordscf005brown.jpg

I understand what you mean about not having something that stands out so you want a neutral color. But you also have to consider the color of your complexion. I think that this particular frame is going to look quite harsh or bold. Even though it is a neutral color, the top of the eyewire is quite thick and it contrasts the bottom quite a bit.

my 2 cents.

daruma

Reaction score
can anyone tell me about lanvin's frames? good or bad quality? or just middle of the road?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
Let's have a discussion regarding eyewear sites - okay? Should be fun. Perhaps
you could send us a link to your favorite(s)? Critiques of some you may find
fault with? At the moment I'd prefer the designers' own websites rather than the
websites of opticians. Many today, in 2010, have many bells and whistles -
videos, creative graphics and color effects, and music or other sound effects.

Some, like the German Lunor Eyewear website, are fairly no-nonsense, like the
frame designs themselves. What image are the sites trying to convey? How
creative are they? Are they accurate, clever, cool, out-of-date, misleading, or
what?

Perhaps we could limit this to websites that concentrate on opthalmic frames and not just sunwear?

Please send them in!!!

More so than manufactures websites, I like to find youtube clips of manufacturing plants. There aren't a lot but I find them to be more "honest". I recently saw one of Starck Eyes hand making frames. It was quite interesting.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
i ordered some frames online recently for the first time- whats the best way to get the lenses rx'd? should i take them to my optometrist or (and in the event they cannot do anything) is there an online business that will custom fit lenses if you provide frames?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
i ordered some frames online recently for the first time- whats the best way to get the lenses rx'd? should i take them to my optometrist or (and in the event they cannot do anything) is there an online business that will custom fit lenses if you provide frames?

I would say to take it to a B&M store. If there are problems or a discrepancy in the RX, at least you can go back to get it resolved. I'm sure that online labs might have policies and such but I would go to a B&M store. Just makes it easier. Also, if you take it to a B&M store, they will probably do it for you on the spot instead of shipping it there and back. Sometimes it is cheaper and faster to get the RX with your frames, but that isn't the case in your situation.

my 2 cents

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads