• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Bayfield boot- any experiences?

steve2318

Reaction score
If anybody could post pictures of them wearing the boot with denim or pants that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

david123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bc78
Just got them yesterday from Shoe Bank. Probably better with jeans than dress clothes, but all in all I'm happy with the purchase. I just wouldn't feel right trudging through snow in something that cost more than $300.

Do you mind sharing the price? I had thought about getting them from there too. Thanks.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
Meh, you can get Alden for not much more. These seem a bit dull to me.

I really wish Alden could make a balmoral boot.

Allen Edmonds had one but they cancelled it. Hopefully they'll re-work the design re-release it.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O
I really wish Alden could make a balmoral boot.

Allen Edmonds had one but they cancelled it. Hopefully they'll re-work the design re-release it.

That's apparently what they're doing. The one they had came out looking somewhat off, and they didn't get any orders from retailers, so they're redesigning it.

You can find the full story if you dig around MC, and a member here even managed to get a pair. But there should be a full out production one soon.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
That's apparently what they're doing. The one they had came out looking somewhat off, and they didn't get any orders from retailers, so they're redesigning it.

You can find the full story if you dig around MC, and a member here even managed to get a pair. But there should be a full out production one soon.

With thousands of sexy vintage boots with classic shapes sold on eBay from defunct companies (no intellectual property) you would think the simplest idea would be to buy and copy some of the classic ones....IMHO of course

bc78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
Do you mind sharing the price? I had thought about getting them from there too. Thanks.

It was $259 at Shoe Bank.

PoundSand

Reaction score
on sale for $269, along with a whole lot of other things, right now.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston
Can you post a few pics wearing them with denim.

I, the OP, also humbly request a pic, denim or wool. Preferably where you're sitting so we can see what it looks like when it's most revealed.

david123

Reaction score
I just ordered these from the recent sale. I'll post a pic with denim when they arrive. Any ideas what I should use to protect these? I plan to wear them in the New England winter. I got them because the leather seems up to the challenge, but even so I'd like them to stay looking as nice as possible.

bc78

Reaction score
Sorry the pics aren't better, was in a hurry.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to Harry Rosen today (Bloor St main store).
They don't carry the Bayfield in stock. What a disappointment.

enarchay

Reaction score
Two questions...

Would these boots be appropriate for casual wear (i.e. with jeans)?

And how do these size? I take an 8.5EEE in both AE wingtips and loafers (I forget the lasts at the moment), so I'm hoping an 8.5EEE would be my best bet for the boots.

scooby-doo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
Two questions...

Would these boots be appropriate for casual wear (i.e. with jeans)?

Here are some pics from another thread-

Originally Posted by scooby-doo
The ones with the jeans and khakis I was not actually wearing - just held the pants there and took pictures with the free hand. That is why they look a bit strange!

AEBayfield0009.jpg

AEBayfield0001.jpg

AEBayfield0003.jpg

AEBayfield0008.jpg

AEBayfield0007.jpg

AEBayfield0004.jpg

AEBayfield0002.jpg

AEBayfield0006.jpg

AEBayfield0005.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads