• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
Link? You should let us filter your stuff by new arrivals!!

Oh, we just have the Preorder Swatch for now. It will take us a few days to shoot them and get them properly online:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...unmetal/Detail

But they look and feel great. The fabric is a little bit thicker than the British Khaki stock. It's a great dark grey color.

And good call on the New Arrivals filter. We're working on some online improvements for the Fall, and that's definitely one of the features on my list.

racknac

Reaction score
If anyone would like to join me. I'm thinking about starting an Epaulet support group for people who need help breaking away from Epaulet clothes so that they can afford basic necessities like food. I'm thinking about holding a meeting every time Epaulet releases a new item so that we can talk through our uncontrollable urges.

If you would like to join, please PM me. Help is out there!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just grabbed the Brown Donnegal Walt trousers.

Also Mike is it possible to give us a run-down of products that is being released over the next few weeks???

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
And good call on the New Arrivals filter. We're working on some online improvements for the Fall, and that's definitely one of the features on my list.

I'm doin alright with the "if it's not sold out in my size it must be new" method.

But then I am crazy slim. YMMV.
devil.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone would like to join me. I'm thinking about starting an Epaulet support group for people who need help breaking away from Epaulet clothes so that they can afford basic necessities like food. I'm thinking about holding a meeting every time Epaulet releases a new item so that we can talk through our uncontrollable urges.

If you would like to join, please PM me. Help is out there!

devil.gif

Originally Posted by edubs01
Just grabbed the Brown Donnegal Walt trousers.

Also Mike is it possible to give us a run-down of products that is being released over the next few weeks???

Thank you sir!

And yes, we've got an absolute ass-load of new merchandise going live! I'm still scheduling everything, but the most recent stuff coming is:

Japanese Gunmetal Twill Khakis
Nau Vice Blazer & Urbane Jacket
SeaVees Chukka and washed leather sneakers
A freaking ton of GANT - including their awesome old-school sweaters
Epaulet Canadian and Italian Sweaters

epaulet ever going to do any knits?

Yes, glad that you asked! We've got two collections under our label for the season.

1. Shawl neck thick cardigans from Canada. They're all entirely hand-knit, thick as hell, and designed to last for years.

2. Superfine Merino V-neck's, Crewneck's, and Cardigan's from Italy. These are awesome slim-fit knits with excellent quality and a great hand.

We actually received these in store, but photography is a little backed up. I'm working to get everything online next week.

racknac

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a pair of rivet chinos. If i ordered a 32 in the Walt Corduroy Tweeds should I order the same for these? What would the differences be? I love the fit of the cord tweeds, but if the chinos would shrink (especially around the thighs and calves) so that they look skin tight then I wouldn't want that.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a pair of rivet chinos. If i ordered a 32 in the Walt Corduroy Tweeds should I order the same for these? What would the differences be? I love the fit of the cord tweeds, but if the chinos would shrink (especially around the thighs and calves) so that they look skin tight then I wouldn't want that.

Yes, a 32 should be a solid fit in the Rivet Chinos. You don't have to worry about shrinkage. The only thing that will change after a wash would be the length - it may shrink by about 0.5". Legs and waist will stay the same. If the Walt fits you comfortably in the legs, then these definitely will.

The main difference between the two is the rise and interior construction. The Rivet Chino is made by a denim workshop. It has a lower rise, a riveted button fly, and a simpler, thinner waistband. It's a versatile piece that's a nice alternative to jeans.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike advised that they are available now in the shop but will be going live online next week.

Very excited!

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yes, a 32 should be a solid fit in the Rivet Chinos. You don't have to worry about shrinkage. The only thing that will change after a wash would be the length - it may shrink by about 0.5". Legs and waist will stay the same. If the Walt fits you comfortably in the legs, then these definitely will.

The main difference between the two is the rise and interior construction. The Rivet Chino is made by a denim workshop. It has a lower rise, a riveted button fly, and a simpler, thinner waistband. It's a versatile piece that's a nice alternative to jeans.

Damn you, placed my order. I need to get this support group started ASAP.

laughter95

Reaction score
what about those dress shirt fabric swatches? we're still waiting to purchase more shirts.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mike, can you share the pricing on the epaulet sweaters? thanks!

also, where are the gant sweaters made?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads