• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

ceekay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ideefixee
+1, man. That is my exact sentiment regarding J.Crew. Their products are nice enough to fool people into thinking you have designer clothes, that is, if they are foolish enough to believe it. Lol.

That, and their styles are pretty dope. Though I go for more of a rugged style, one with many personal idiosyncracies, yet sometimes I like to bust out a suit or a nice cardigan, which is where cheap (enough) J.Crew comes in.

yup. i dont care if its 'designer' im not on TLC or Bravo.. im not trying to impress anyone.. im an old fashioned kinda guy who likes to look manly. and jcrew clothes are great quality (my experience is 100% and anytime something was wrong they had excellent customer service), nice materials, actually fit me, and are very reasonable (plus i have the teacher 15% discount).

im more of a traditional LL bean type of outdoors/military/scholar kind of guy, and jcrew managed not only to market to me but to actually take all the things i actually like and put them all together. who else would sell country style clothes with city fits and back them up like jcrew..

if i wanted to look like i was dripping in wealth i would hang shiny gold jewelry all over and wear black leather shoes. instead i like jcrew for their humility, masculinity, and quality while combining all the things i like in one spot. dont dis.

Newstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ceekay
yup. i dont care if its 'designer' im not on TLC or Bravo.. im not trying to impress anyone.. im an old fashioned kinda guy who likes to look manly. and jcrew clothes are great quality (my experience is 100% and anytime something was wrong they had excellent customer service), nice materials, actually fit me, and are very reasonable (plus i have the teacher 15% discount).

im more of a traditional LL bean type of outdoors/military/scholar kind of guy, and jcrew managed not only to market to me but to actually take all the things i actually like and put them all together. who else would sell country style clothes with city fits and back them up like jcrew..

if i wanted to look like i was dripping in wealth i would hang shiny gold jewelry all over and wear black leather shoes. instead i like jcrew for their humility, masculinity, and quality while combining all the things i like in one spot. dont dis.

I agree completely with you. Their style is something I have been wanting to achieve for a long time but every place you go to has logos plastered all over their clothes and the style is going to be gone in a heartbeat. I feel like j. crew has clothes that; I feel comfortable wearing, show I have some pride in what I wear, are relatively inexpensive, and will last for sometime (I've never had problems with their clothes falling apart on me) so I enjoy them. Plus I'm studying grape growing in an agriculture community so I feel like it lets me be me.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ideefixee
Which shirt, if you don't mind my asking?

Just the denim utility shirt, been looking for something like that for a while but it's quite expensive with shipping and duties/taxes up in Canada.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
ah ok, yeah that isn't that much.

when you say "I spend thousands there each year" it sounds like you drop 3 to 5 grand or something each year...

I do and there's nothing wrong with that. I am in my early 30's with a wife, career, etc. and it's a lot easier to drop a few grand every season on some new staples and have it delivered to my front door than it is to sift through the endless e-stores of expensive, of-the-moment stuff or take an hour commute into Manhattan to go clothes shopping. I would assume that I am their target audience.

Jpreme87

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Just the denim utility shirt, been looking for something like that for a while but it's quite expensive with shipping and duties/taxes up in Canada.

You slept on mine!
facepalm.gif

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jpreme87
You slept on mine!
facepalm.gif

Lol, that dulow bastard (jk!) beat me to it. Plus I needed a M... though I'm not sure anymore with measurements different everywhere. J. Crew says M chest 1" below armpit is 45", while someone else said 42". Blah! Are their sizes that inconsistent??

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just bought two shirts from jcrew today w/ my gf's student discount

wish i had a 25% off coupon :'-(

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saw the field mechanic's jacket in person today. pretty nice. surprised S was the size that fit me.

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
saw the field mechanic's jacket in person today. pretty nice. surprised S was the size that fit me.

what's your height/weight? i've been interested in one but not sure if i'm a small or medium

thoogsby

Reaction score
I didn't think the field mechanics looked nearly as good in person as it does online. The fabric looks much cheaper in actuality.

ffatt

Reaction score
Alright I'll try one last time before I pull the trigger on the full retail price. If you can do a purchase for me using your 25% off coupon or give me your 20% off coupon, I will paypal you $40.

Thanks,

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by innocentbystander
There's no correlation. I recieved the 25% off card and I've only purchased a button down, sweatshirt and a pair of shorts the entire year.

Did you buy those items in-store or online?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
what's your height/weight? i've been interested in one but not sure if i'm a small or medium

i'm 6' 170 kind of between 40 and 42R jacket size. the S was on the snug side but the M was definitely too big for me. i think it's cut a little big due to the lining. nice jacket.

innocentbystander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ffatt
Alright I'll try one last time before I pull the trigger on the full retail price. If you can do a purchase for me using your 25% off coupon or give me your 20% off coupon, I will paypal you $40.

Thanks,

What are you trying to purchase?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads