• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Game Of Thrones trailer

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread excites me as I want to watch the HBO series, it then saddens me to remember that I've probably forgotten 90% of the characters/storyline since his last book came out....

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm usually more open to casting choices than most.

with Rome, I thought the older Octavian did a fantastic job.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
This thread excites me as I want to watch the HBO series, it then saddens me to remember that I've probably forgotten 90% of the characters/storyline since his last book came out....
+1. I'll have to reread the book before the premiere.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
I'm excited about it also.

I'm questioning some of the casting choices but HBO puts out quality stuff so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Which, specifically? I'm curious to see how peoples' ideas match up with my own.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think *********** up dany. Iam probably not being partial since dany is one of my favorite characters, and I already have her look pictured in my mind. Thanks to fan art of course. Emilia Clarke is not dany period.

Emilia Clarke
MV5BMTc3OTYyMzc0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM5NTEwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY800_.jpg

Emilia Clarke as Dany
26__640x480_game-of-thrones-emilia-clarke.jpg

This is Dany.

Daenerys_Targaryen_NEW_by_jekaa.jpg

Amber Heard- old enough, yet still young looking. Oh yeah and she would get naked.
amber-heard.jpg

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No ******* clue who "Emilia Clarke" is but she looks fine as hell in that pic. Approved.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
over amber heard?

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
Which, specifically? I'm curious to see how peoples' ideas match up with my own.

Admittedly, I only recognize a few of the names that have been casted and obviously the acting will go a long way in forming the character.

But in my mind Tyrion is hideous, almost to the point it hurts to look at him. I've seen Peter Dinklage in some other roles and he cleans up real well. I just hope they tear him up a little.

Lena Headey is gorgeous, but I pictured Cersei to be a goddess with golden hair. Again, with Cersei the acting will play a huge role in selling the character.

Emilia as Dany is ok, but in my mind I've always pictured her with straight hair for some reason.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
over amber heard?
I don't remember exactly how it went but I do remember Dany ending up being very tanned looking after spending all that time with the horse guy. She doesn't look nearly as whitebread as the Amber chick.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I don't remember exactly how it went but I do remember Dany ending up being very tanned looking after spending all that time with the horse guy. She doesn't look nearly as whitebread as the Amber chick.

+1

I pictured her becoming more and more like the people she came to power over. In that regard I think the casting works. Makeup and hairdressing can do many a powerful thing.

Not so sure on the Robert Baratheon. I can't see him playing a once powerful king/warrior who's turned softer. I see the soft, I just don't see the previous warrior and alpha male king in Mark Addy (too kwilk). I picture more of a Gerard Butler type with some extra lbs and a badass beard. Again, wardrobe might be able to broaden his shoulders a bit and a beard could hide some of that double chin.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT GODDAMMIT. xx

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some behind the scene clips.

Martin talks about the show. We also get to see characters, and parts of the set.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

A production designer talks about the look of the show.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

The second teaser trailer.

I cannot wait for this to come out.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Wow. I'm getting more and more excited for this the more I see. **** Christmas, I just want it to be time for this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads