• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

AlbertCamus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45

043010ii.jpg
043010i.jpg

Posted a few months back in the waywrn thread. I need this ******* coat. Anyone know what it is or some similar options?

brianoh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlbertCamus
Posted a few months back in the waywrn thread. I need this ******* coat. Anyone know what it is or some similar options?

Looks like previous season's Vince peacoat sweater.

here's a link to this year's, which to me isn't as nice - link

Pngwyn

Reaction score
I just received this peacoat from UO: http://cache-images.pronto.com/thumb...59_291x431.jpg It's actually nicer than I expected, the hood is awesome, and the fit is really good. I would suggest it to anyone looking for a ~$100 peacoat. They have a 10% off + free shipping coupon right now so I got mine for about $130 total. Pics on the site don't really do it justice..

Jay687

Reaction score
Anyone know if the lengths stated on Sterlingwear size charts are accurate?

I am specifically looking at getting the short, but definitely needs to be at least 30" long, which they are according to size chart. However, I wanna make sure they are actually the length they state. Can anyone with 36s or 38s verify length?

Also, are authentic ones longer than classic? I saw a picture somewhere of someone in the short classic and it was WAY short (and the guy said he was only 5'4")... so hoping authentics are longer maybe.

deluxdylan

Reaction score
Hey I'm brand new here, but I've been looking for the perfect peacoat for months. From what I've read here, Sterlingwear has what I'm looking for. I don't want one too long and I want to keep it closer to my waist. My question/problem is that i have no idea which peacoat I should get and what size i should get. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 155
Chest: 36"
Waist: 32"-33"

Green_Pinguin

Reaction score
I would recommend you to read a few pages back of the threat. There are many good suggestions for a nice looking peacoat, so you first can find out what type of pea coat you`re looking for. A classic one or a bit more modern looking. That takes a bit of time, I can say this from my one experiences
laugh.gif
but I`ve found my favorite for this year.

masterllama

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deluxdylan
Hey I'm brand new here, but I've been looking for the perfect peacoat for months. From what I've read here, Sterlingwear has what I'm looking for. I don't want one too long and I want to keep it closer to my waist. My question/problem is that i have no idea which peacoat I should get and what size i should get. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 155
Chest: 36"
Waist: 32"-33"

I have similar specs, a little skinnier, and went with 34R

deluxdylan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by masterllama
I have similar specs, a little skinnier, and went with 34R
How does it fit? So should I go with a 36R? And It's between the authentic and classic. Do you know which one gets a better fit?

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a decent Peacoat in the $150-200 range. I'm really digging that Indochino, but I just don't think I can afford it this winter. Last year Gap had one that probably fit me the best out of all coats that I have ever tried on, so I'll probably go back and see if they have any this season. I checked out H&M and theirs sucked, as usual. I never really liked their coats: there's always some little thing that gets to me, or the fit is just stupid. Looks like a lot of people are recommending Sterling, but those coats look really boxy to me. I guess I'm going for a more modern, fitted look. Like the Indochino haha. But around $150-200. Ideas?

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Teh whole point of this 145+ page thread is to tell you to size down for that fitted look. You blind?

mrpress

Reaction score
Alright I know this probably isn't SF-approved but what do you guys think of this peacoat from Lands End? http://bit.ly/d37471 The first and second pictures don't look great but the third and fourth look decent. Medium Tall fits me best OTR - need the extra sleeve length and large tall is too big, so that basically leaves me with LE, J Crew, and Banana Republic. I like the J Crew but it's double the price of LE on sale and a bit out of my budget. I'm 27 and would like something more modern fitting so I'm a bit weary of this. Would you take a chance with free shipping and free returns?
spacer.gif

armaja71

Reaction score
I am looking for a peacoat that is in the attached picture...or something similar. I am 6'4" and wear a 44XL jacket normally. Ive been looking for a peacoat with a similar collar to the one in the picture.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads