• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fueledbynewjersey
Jcrew tracks everything, basically only people who spend a lotttt of money get sent these 20% coupons along with their catalogs. Basically its jcrew trying to get you to spend more money. So if you didn't get a coupon, you don't spend enough.

Don't believe this. I have friends who literally only bought 3 or 4 times from online or in store, and received multiple coupons. Me and a few other buddies who have spend hundreds on them have never received even one. I think its just random.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newstyle
I have gotten 20% coupon in all the catalogs I've received. I have been looking at getting a pair of Alden Indy boots lately and I just had to see if the coupon works for those. Details on the coupon say it does not work for third party merchandise but it works for the Aldens. Now I need to decide If I want to spend the money for the Aldens and the fair isle sweater, 20% off. Still a good chunk of change.
1. Yes you want the Indys. Maybe not these (other nice makeups everywhere, like Epaulet and Shoemart) but if you're into the shoe just buy it. You'll wear it forever. 2. IIRC price reductions don't apply to collab items like the Indys

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Canada that's planning on making a purchase with the 20% coupon? Can we share?
laugh.gif

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by steve2318
What size are you looking for in the Navy herringbone sportcoat?

I got one as a gift after I had bought one myself so I have an extra 40R if you are interested.

I am returning it this weekend so let me know.

was looking for a 38S actually, but thanks for the offer.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never get coupons, and I buy from them all the time...

Newstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
1. Yes you want the Indys. Maybe not these (other nice makeups everywhere, like Epaulet and Shoemart) but if you're into the shoe just buy it. You'll wear it forever.

2. IIRC price reductions don't apply to collab items like the Indys

I didn't buy the boots but I applied the discount to just the boots and took the checkout process all the way to confirm purchase, unless it fixes the problem after I click confirm purchase, the 20% works on the boots.

Yeah I don't think I really like the color j. crew has. I was just curious if it worked on the shoes. With j crew's outrageous shipping charges it's not much of a discount on its own.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Don't believe this. I have friends who literally only bought 3 or 4 times from online or in store, and received multiple coupons. Me and a few other buddies who have spend hundreds on them have never received even one. I think its just random.

I dont think its random at all. They seem to send coupons to peeps who DONT buy. The coupon is used as means to get these folks, who don't normally buy, to buy.

supermidget

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I dont think its random at all. They seem to send coupons to peeps who DONT buy. The coupon is used as means to get these folks, who don't normally buy, to buy.

i havent purchased from them in quite a while though, and havent gotten any coupons...

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense for them to send coupons randomly. JC - and any company that uses coupons, for that matter - doesn't have a pricing structure based on chance.

Coupons are intended to lower prices for customers who are unwilling/unable to buy the item at its current price. In this way, the firm can maximize sales. They aren't like Golden Tickets in Wonka Bars - there actually is a point for coupons' existence. So, it doesn't make sense for them to be distributed randomly. Imagine if the director of marketing at JC came up to the CEO and said that coupons were sent out like prizes in a lotto. I don't think he would be very happy.

In my opinion, JC distributes coupons on 2 criteria: 1, whether the customer is a frequent buyer, and 2, whether the customer is in a market segment w/ frequent buying habits. I believe this is why even frequent buyers are sent coupons.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't get **** from them.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
looks like they renamed their jaspÃ
00a9.png
line to "field knit"...

Will someone post fit pics of the stand-out pieces from this season (fair isle, fireman hoodie, woodland jacket)?

aphextwin07

Reaction score
thoughts on this sweater?

frank-muytjens-jcrew-1010-xlg.jpg

looks pretty good there, wondering if the quality/fit is good. some of their other fleece sweatshirts are tent-like in a size S while the merino ones fit entirely different in the same size.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my catalog, like everyone else said its pretty bleh although i wish i was one of the lucky ones who gets a 20% off coup. w/ each issue
ffffuuuu.gif

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
just got my catalog, like everyone else said its pretty bleh

although i wish i was one of the lucky ones who gets a 20% off coup. w/ each issue
ffffuuuu.gif

yeah same

still 0 coupons here

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads