• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Charlatan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
No one here has oakwood? That is surprising considering they seem to kind of be the main color of DB. I just want to see how they would look like beat up. I've only worn mine a few times so far.

photo-1.jpg

Here are my Oakwoods - excuse the crappy iPhone photo.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by d4nvu
for the people wearing the suedes, are you guys waterproofing them before wearing? i already have some denim bleed on mine, should i still bother waterproofing them?

I didn't waterproof. I like the denim bleed on mine

panyen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQ1
Piperlime.com has 25% off today. Use code: 25SPREE at checkout.

Clark's Desert Boots included. Hurry before they run out of sizes. This is a sweet deal with free shipping!

I just ordered mine.

I believe the discount is down to 20% today (rather than the 25% it was yesterday). My purchase already showed up in eBates (even though my shoes won't ship until November 8 and my credit card hasn't been charged yet), and it was more than I expected, so my total cost is only $60.56 shipped for size 10, taupe distressed.

My experience with eBates has been positive, and you can't beat $60 bucks for a pair of these... Especially when those Payless ones will run you $46 with shipping.

panyen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
ebates is an awful service as far as my experience with them. after placing 4 orders through them I never got cashback even once. It took an e-mail follow-up rant after my 4th order for them to acknowledge even one order. As such, I wouldn't recommend the service at all unless you have a lot of free time to waste dealing with their customer service for every order you place through them. makes me long for the good ol' days of BCB, its a shame Microsoft discontinued it. oh, and <3 the tintin avatar btw.

As noted in my post above, my eBates already showed up and was more than I expected, and my AMEX hasn't even been charged yet. But mostly thanks for the Tintin love... can't wait until the movie comes out next year.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlatan
photo-1.jpg

Here are my Oakwoods - excuse the crappy iPhone photo.

Sweet! Thanks for posting that mate. How old are they?

kickstart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
I didn't waterproof. I like the denim bleed on mine

I waterproofed mine like crazy and my denim is bleeding on them a lot still...except i'm not sure i like it!

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya their selection obliterates ours over here, sux they dont ship to the US and you have to use a proxy

some UK-only colors hit stores that ship internationally like ASOS.com, but i think asos charges a lot more for clarks

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
^Damn I want a pair from the UK shop. Can any SF members provide a proxy service?

I would say I'm a true 10.5 US...they're mostly sold out of the style I want, but they do have a UK 10. Based on their conversion it looks like I'd be going true to size. I was definitely planning on going down a 1/2 if I ended up getting a suede pair...but I kinda prefer these leather ones. Too much rain where I'm from.

Will I be able to walk in these or will they be HUGE?

edit: Asos has a nice leather pair as well but not in black.
Would I grab a UK 9, which equals a 9.5. Just worried about going down a full size because sometimes I can get away with a sz US11 too

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if the clark uk releases are available in Tokyo. If so, can anyone confirm where?

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Clarks UK releases are available in France. I just bought a pair of the Tan Antiques at the Clarks store in the 6th. I'm not usually much of a Clarks fan, but these were too nice to pass up. They are more expensive here than in the states, but, well, what isn't.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These have probably been posted here before, but *******, these are murder.
20319309_A_p.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads