• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL shoes

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
I was at RL today and the sa told me there is a new maker of their American and Italian shoes. They claim this change happened within the last month, and that RL will not reveal who the maker is. Are the loafers still made by Alden? Look like Aldens to me.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston
I was at RL today and the sa told me there is a new maker of their American and Italian shoes. They claim this change happened within the last month, and that RL will not reveal who the maker is. Are the loafers still made by Alden? Look like Aldens to me.

a post a while back said the bluchers/oxfords were AE. and they were $500 +!

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
a post a while back said the bluchers/oxfords were AE. and they were $500 +!

Yikes. The nail pattern is different on the heel of the penny loafers than anything AE does. Theyve got that same key pattern and nail pattern that church's has.

These particular shoes are 475.00 full retail. so about 350 with the discount.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=91&ty=47

BossTweed

Reaction score
Woman at RL in West Village conceded the new Made in America shoes were Allen Edmonds. Nothing special, unfortunately.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dare I:

6gfo7m.jpg

22 September 2010

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sir, You are NOT authorized to award that. Please cease and desist, lest you desire a visit from the lawyers of the esteemed Voxsartoria.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BossTweed
Woman at RL in West Village conceded the new Made in America shoes were Allen Edmonds. Nothing special, unfortunately.

Wow. If so, theyve ripped off the pattern on the bottom of Church's shoes and are trying to charge hundreds more.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't handled them in person, but just looking at the pics on the website, I would be SHOCKED if it were AE who was actually making the new American shoes. The finishing and shaping look way out of their league. One could argue that perhaps it's a rebranding of the defunct Seven line, but that was made in Italy, so no dice.

BBC

Reaction score
FWIW, the previous rumor (edit: ^^ well, maybe it is AE) was that the new loafers were coming from Rancourt, which used to be owned by AE, but went independent again last year. Rancourt made the recent Ivy collection of shell loafers for Leffot and was the source of Ron Rider's new loafers.

The Rancourt-made Ivy loafers for Leffot
DSC_00131-500x332.jpg

The Rancourt-made loafers for Rider
17286m.jpg

17272m.jpg

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
I haven't handled them in person, but just looking at the pics on the website, I would be SHOCKED if it were AE who was actually making the new American shoes. The finishing and shaping look way out of their league. One could argue that perhaps it's a rebranding of the defunct Seven line, but that was made in Italy, so no dice.

It might be AE?

350 sale price for the stitched penny loafer. It looked very nice in person. Hmm?

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
FWIW, the previous rumor (edit: ^^ well, maybe it is AE) was that the new loafers were coming from Rancourt, which used to be owned by AE, but went independent again last year. Rancourt made the recent Ivy collection of shell loafers for Leffot and was the source of Ron Rider's new loafers.

The Rancourt-made Ivy loafers for Leffot
DSC_00131-500x332.jpg

The Rancourt-made loafers for Rider
17286m.jpg

17272m.jpg

RL = 475 retail....350 sale price. They look great on and look like the are made well. Good deal or no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads