• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shasta

Reaction score
Definitely True to Size. I'm an 8 in the 405 Indy Boot, 8.5 in the Beefroll

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hexproof
Does Alden make a kudo leather belt? I'm trying to find a belt to match my Alden kudu leather boots.

Probably wouldn't be a good idea...the oil and residue would get all over your pants.

mrmax

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on D vs E widths of the same size on Barrie? Had an interesting discussion today with the guys at Tassels HK. The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

I am considering a pair of longwings, but they only stock D widths here. I would need to special order an E.

If anyone has any pics it would be extremely helpful

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
Can anyone shed some light on D vs E widths of the same size on Barrie? Had an interesting discussion today with the guys at Tassels HK. The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

I am considering a pair of longwings, but they only stock D widths here. I would need to special order an E.

I'm not sure there should be any mystery. the E is wider and therefore will look fatter. how much, I dunno, 1/4 inch? not sure what the width difference is

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For some shoes on the barrie the E does look blobbier while in others it doesn't. The blobbiness looks more pronounced on my PTBs or plain toe boots since there is nothing to break up the forefoot.

BTW, I'm a 9E or 9.5D in barrie and I'd say they are fairly interchangeable.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
I'm not sure there should be any mystery. the E is wider and therefore will look fatter. how much, I dunno, 1/4 inch? not sure what the width difference is

I believe the E width is 3/16" wider than a D width.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
Definitely True to Size. I'm an 8 in the 405 Indy Boot, 8.5 in the Beefroll

Great stuff. Cheers.

mrmax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne
For some shoes on the barrie the E does look blobbier while in others it doesn't. The blobbiness looks more pronounced on my PTBs or plain toe boots since there is nothing to break up the forefoot.

BTW, I'm a 9E or 9.5D in barrie and I'd say they are fairly interchangeable.

Originally Posted by interlockingny

Thanks gents, very helpful. Believe an E in the longwing is the way to go.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

Blobbier or otherwise if you need the E then that's what it be.

And, unlike jerrybrowne I don't vary a width in the different lasts. D is fo me.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny

Is this difference constant over all lengths? Also, do you know the difference in width caused by going up/down a length while keeping the letter constant? I've been wondering about both these questions for some time.

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
css1.jpg

Those 2-tones are just incredible. How much? I think you might be my size!

LynahFaithful

Reaction score
Tom - When you influence the creasing of your shell shoes with a pencil, where do you place the pencil and do you use it in more than one place? For example, on the cigar tassels, do you place the pencil under the tassel? Thanks.

mg428

Reaction score

Note also that Alden shoes with E width in the ball area comes with C width for the heel width. In other words, the heel cup will be a tad large too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads