• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if u search this forum's For Sale (along with many other forums) section, u can look at the measurements of uniqlo clothing to figure out how "slim" they are

summerdaze

Reaction score
i think just a bit slim. Just got a pair of the charcoal chords. fits slim straight, same as the slim straight jeans.

my 33's are 9.45in across the thigh and 7.5in calf. if i measured it correctly.

khakis run wider through the thigh and calf.

32 waist thighs are 10.6in calf 8.3 in the calf

dunelly

Reaction score
the slim shirts are great unfortunately they ran out of slim solid oxfords and white dress shirts
frown.gif
I got 1 grey slim dress shirt, fits perfect for an xs

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Anyone know if they are still making the +J long sleeve tees (slightly stretchy, look double layered)?

Matt44

Reaction score
Just sharing my recent experience with online ordering from Uniqlo. Actually, it started out online, then turned into a phone order. Either way, it's a crazy experience dealing with these people.

If you hunt around the Uniqlo site, you'll find an email address for customer orders. I wanted a few flannel shirts, so I emailed the site about six weeks ago. After weeks of emails and phone calls (and I mean multiple re-dialings, after being disconnected and put on hold many times), I finally got the shirts. Then it took me another three weeks to make an exchange. Honestly, it's a bizarre experience.

For anyone not in NYC, here are a few tips: don't start with the email approach, call first. And don't call the toll-free number. Call the Soho store directly, then ask to be connected with 'customer orders'. The guy in customer orders is named Roger - he's very cool, but seems swamped all the time. In addition to calling, you should also send an email with links to the items you want (that is, links to each item on the Uniqlo site).

I finally got the shirts I wanted, and Roger's a helpful guy when you can reach him. But the whole process requires Zen-level patience. Good luck to anyone brave enough!

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt44
I finally got the shirts I wanted, and Roger's a helpful guy when you can reach him. But the whole process requires Zen-level patience. Good luck to anyone brave enough!

Makes proxying sound worthwhile IMO. I live a half hour from NYC but sadly I'm away at college, it really sucks.

And for anyone wondering, from having gone there it's exactly what I'd heard -- fashionable, well-fitting basics at a good price point.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt44
blah blah blah

ya uniqlos online/email ordering system has been terrible for a while. the nyc store isnt able to handle the amount of orders coming in

its understandable though

dunelly

Reaction score
yea my first time to the store, it was really nice. tons of cheap basic stuff in good fit.
makes other mall brands look awful and expensive

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hummingbird
Anyone know if they are still making the +J long sleeve tees (slightly stretchy, look double layered)?

god i hope so. my long sleeve spring one fits so damn good.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Anyone know how the sizing compares to their different cuts of raw denim? More specifically, would a 29 in raw S002 = 29 in T001 = 29 in T000? Or would I need to size up for the tapered and skinny cuts?

stinger70

Reaction score
90_065325.jpg

This is growing on me...ive been looking for a fur hooded parka. In the dark grey colour that ive pictured it seems to look less shiney. Should be warm...im just trying to decide if it still has too much shine.

Desperado

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out the slim fit synthetic leather biker jacket? The light grey one looks great, I'm just wondering what the texture is like. It seems to be different from the exterior of the other colors -- less fake-leathery, more soft -- but I can't be sure from just one picture.

02_065412.jpg

stinger70

Reaction score
69_065545.jpg

some excellent items popping up on uniqlos online store in the uk now. This looks like a copy of the wings + horns hoodies, judging by the 2 way zip, pocket, cuff and hem designs as well as the look of the fabric. This is £25 and the W+H are going to cost me at least £85 including delivery from canada and thats on sale from last seasons collection. At this price i can afford to wear the **** out of them and chuck them away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads