• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to tie a tie with this style

Madrileno

Reaction score
easy, you just need to put the back blade on the front

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Madrileno
easy, you just need to put the back blade on the front

Pretty straight forward....

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little too much sprezzatura there. The tie twist, the jacket cuff looks unbuttoned, and the shirt cuff unsecured as well. Trying a little too hard for my taste.

UK2004

Reaction score
Are you saiyn got just pull the back blade to the front once the tie knot is done?

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
A little too much sprezzatura there. The tie twist, the jacket cuff looks unbuttoned, and the shirt cuff unsecured as well. Trying a little too hard for my taste.

Yep those double dimples in the tie, dude is really trying way too hard here.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm getting really tired of people using 'spazzatura' as some excuse to do something stupid or jump on some wanky bandwagon. This is the style forum and IMO elements of style evolve at a gradual pace and have their roots in decades old traditions. Fred Astaire wearing a tie and a collar pin on a button collar shirt wasn't spazzatura it was just ****. Now we have knuckle heads doing this bollocks with their tie blades. It looks equally ****.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I'm getting really tired of people using 'spazzatura' as some excuse to do something stupid or jump on some wanky bandwagon. This is the style forum and IMO elements of style evolve at a gradual pace and have their roots in decades old traditions. Fred Astaire wearing a tie and a collar pin on a button collar shirt wasn't spazzatura it was just ****. Now we have knuckle heads doing this bollocks with their tie blades. It looks equally ****.

Nothing out of bounds about his use of a collar pin.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Nothing out of bounds about his use of a collar pin.

Except it's completely unnecessary and as I said it looks ****. They look **** at the best of times, but on a shirt that already has the collar buttoned down screams of desperation. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but you are wrong!
smile.gif

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
Here's hoping you're asking so you know how to avoid it, rather than emulate it.

Thank Christ I'm not the only one who sees this bollocks for exactly what it is. Good lad!

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in a hurry to get out the door one morning, and it wasn't until lunch that I realized my collar was buttoned down twisted over 180 degrees.
Spiruatiza

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Except it's completely unnecessary and as I said it looks ****. They look **** at the best of times, but on a shirt that already has the collar buttoned down screams of desperation. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but you are wrong!
smile.gif

I'm sure.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newb question: what's the OP talking about wrt tie blades?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads