• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

Mesta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
Check U&I on Saint Laurent. They stock RWs. Seems like we've had an influx of montreal members. Probably should take all this to a new thread
laugh.gif

That wouldn't be a bad idea, i'm sure a central thread for montreal with every cool store is a good idea
smile.gif
gwydion you're on it? :p les etoffes, u&i, influence u, am68, three monkeys, tnt, boutique duo, rooney..

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mesta
That wouldn't be a bad idea, i'm sure a central thread for montreal with every cool store is a good idea
smile.gif
gwydion you're on it? :p
les etoffes, u&i, inspire u, am68, three monkeys, tnt, boutique duo, rooney..

Hah, alright I'm on it. Will ask for input since I haven't been to a lot lately(TNT, influence u, Michel brisson, etc.) with that, done messing up n&f thread.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think im buying the broken twill skinny guys tomorrow

will post pics if i do

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my 24oz denim, so thick!

honestly very comfortable all things considered.

the seller did measure wrong though, it's about 0.5 inches too big in the waist.
will this cause me problems in the future?

halisray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
just got my 24oz denim, so thick!

honestly very comfortable all things considered.

the seller did measure wrong though, it's about 0.5 inches too big in the waist.
will this cause me problems in the future?

if they feel too big I would return them immediately - they will stretch out. You want to feel uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks in your denim lol because it will all stretch

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
if they feel too big I would return them immediately - they will stretch out. You want to feel uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks in your denim lol because it will all stretch

not that they are too big.
all fits, but in the waist about a 0.5 inch space, they don't slide or anything.

will a hot soak shrink them further?

skunkworks

Reaction score
Jeans don't have to be uncomfortable for the first two weeks. Half an inch in the waist is fine - wear a belt.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
not that they are too big.
all fits, but in the waist about a 0.5 inch space, they don't slide or anything.

will a hot soak shrink them further?

if you don't want them to sag they will be too big then

they should be somewhat of a struggle to button to the top the 1st time you put them on

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
if you don't want them to sag they will be too big then

they should be somewhat of a struggle to button to the top the 1st time you put them on

uh oh.
it was hard, but not that hard.

i like them so much, i'll probably get them darted if i have to.

Ego Death

Reaction score
My story on sizing:

I think sizing is really going to be on a person to person basis. I bought both a 31 and 30 in the broken twill skinny guy. The 31 fit a little snug, but were relatively easy to button up. I decided to wear the 30's, which were painful at first; the waist ended up stretching, but they were still uncomfortable...painfully so in the crotch. (I wore these for about 3 months) I ended up wearing the 31's, which stretched out a little more than I wished, but still look good. I'd rather have them a tad loose then extemely uncomfortable.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
I disagree. If it's only a half inch, it shouldn't be a problem, especially since the 24 oz. denim isn't going to stretch as much as the lighter weight denims by N&F. But I would recommend wearing a belt all the same, because there still will be some stretch regardless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads