• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are college athletics good or bad?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
THAT IS WHY IT IS A SPOLIER!!!!

Pay no attention to Edina. He was a college athlete.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Pay no attention to Edina. He was a college athlete.

This is exactly why Title IX is hurting our educational system.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
This is exactly why Title IX is hurting our educational system.

blush.gif
wait...no
fight[1].gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Hi. I have claims to make with absolutely no evidence to back them up except some anecdotes that I actually anected and some more that I most likely will make up on the spot to try to give me credibility.

May I poast in this thread?

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Hi. I have claims to make with absolutely no evidence to back them up except some anecdotes that I actually anected and some more that I most likely will make up on the spot to try to give me credibility.

Only if you "know" university presidents.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My research indicates that you may not. Back to DT with you!

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although, anecdotally at least, you have posted. So anecdotal research suggests my prior research is wrong.
Anecdotally.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Although, anecdotally at least, you have posted. So anecdotal research suggests my prior research is wrong.
Anecdotally.

You must have done some high quality anecting to get those anecdotes.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Only if you "know" university presidents.

I once watched an entire football game with the president of The University of Georgia.

The University of Georgia is one of my examples of programs that turn a profit.

Oh noes!!!! I haz been deseeved!! No, I hazn't. This is because I drew my data from a reliable source. Dr. Adams and I didn't once talk about whether the Athletic Association turned a profit, and my understanding of UGA's athletics funding is coincidental to, not a product of, this anecdote.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You must have done some high quality anecting to get those anecdotes.
Bro, you have no idea. I have even anected wests mom.

BP348

Reaction score
Does the OP have any actual proof that his University is dumping money in to athletics while cutting academics and teachers? I went to a small University in the Texas A&M system and I know that the larger Main University more then made up for the smaller schools in the system.

Universities as a whole are businesses so putting money into athletics may or may not have an adverse effect on the "academics". Even at my small University the professors were expected to write grants and conduct research. If not enough grant money is coming in i would expect that would effect the cut teachers/programs more then the money put into the athletics. But that's just an opinion.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BP348
Does the OP have any actual proof that his University is dumping money in to athletics while cutting academics and teachers?

No.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
No.

Brah, he's a frosh that hangs out with the LSU system's president and the president tells him how the numbers are done with a *wink* and a *nod*.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only if the posts a both dismissive of all other PoV as well as absolutely conclusive.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Only if the posts a both dismissive of all other PoV as well as absolutely conclusive.

Uhhh sorry dude, but you have no credibility in this matter and I'm not going to sit here and listen to you try to feed me this line of bullshit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads