• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
My recommendation for someone who lives within easy visiting distance of London is to visit a number of London tailors and see which have a style and manner of service that appeals to you.

Do I reccomend Steed? Of course, but if you lengthen that question to asking if I recommend them to you, I have no idea. That is your decision to make.

- B

hello..
thanks voxsartoria. i just saw your suits in the steed blog, they are wonderful.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
hello..
thanks voxsartoria. i just saw your suits in the steed blog, they are wonderful.

Thank you for your kind words.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
It was really great to see Edwin DeBoise and his son Mathew in Boston today...forward fitting for a Lesser Golden Bale DB suit.

Queuing up? Another Minnis chalkstripe flannel DB in 0315, an Alsport Donegal SB three piece SB suit, and an odd jacket from something in the Porter & Harding Glenroyal book.

- B

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Number one change; would reverse the colors of these two suits. Dog tooth in brown and the chalk stripe in a mid grey.
Does Minnis make that same dogtooth flannel in brown, or did you have another cloth in mind?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Does Minnis make that same dogtooth flannel in brown, or did you have another cloth in mind?

They do not but there is a three dot (crow's foot) nailhead in brown that is IMO even nicer.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It was really great to see Edwin DeBoise and his son Mathew in Boston today...forward fitting for a Lesser Golden Bale DB suit. Queuing up? Another Minnis chalkstripe flannel DB in 0315, an Alsport Donegal SB three piece SB suit, and an odd jacket from something in the Porter & Harding Glenroyal book. - B
I saw Edwin and Mathew in Chicago but didn't order anything.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another Minnis chalkstripe flannel DB in 0315,

- B

Grr. That's exactly what I was about to cut. I guess it'll be an SB now.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
They do not but there is a three dot (crow's foot) nailhead in brown that is IMO even nicer.

Sounds very interesting - do you happen to remember the cloth # ?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was really great to see Edwin DeBoise and his son Mathew in Boston today...forward fitting for a Lesser Golden Bale DB suit. Queuing up? Another Minnis chalkstripe flannel DB in 0315, an Alsport Donegal SB three piece SB suit, and an odd jacket from something in the Porter & Harding Glenroyal book. - B
You are beginning to annoy.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jefferyd
Grr. That's exactly what I was about to cut. I guess it'll be an SB now.
bobsyda8.jpg
Oh, come on! Twinsies is so StyleForvm. Mahon on the left on AF...not sure who made Will's. - B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might as well be good at something. - B
......you'll soon be as good as me. Now, all you need is the grey one.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mahon on the left on AF...not sure who made Will's.

tinfoil.gif
AF and I are just two sides of the same coin? That explains a lot!

--Andre

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Peter Harvey made Will's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads