• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bangbang.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Nice.

This little girl (Azerbaijan Shepherd Dog) is looking for a home:

Kimba-1.jpg
betsie16-2.jpg

Hello Everyone...Long story Condensed...I have a Awesome pup available for a working home...Prefer CO/LGD experience she is one the the Coolest dogs I have ever been able to muck around with, and frankly if I had the room...She would Never leave!
I am 5'9" and at four months she jumps up and looks me straight in the eye...Although her name is Kimba I have nick named her Kangeroo...
Hope you enjoy the pic's please email me for more details @ [email protected]

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not my pup, just passing word along. She is a cutie.

lefty

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
^Nice. This little girl (Azerbaijan Shepherd Dog) is looking for a home:
Kimba-1.jpg
betsie16-2.jpg
lefty

I've never seen one of those before. Looks like a cross between a dalmation and spud mckenzie. How does that breed act on average?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know the breed, but I think it's a variation of the CAO and as a Livestock Guardian Dog will be a handful. Large, defensive, with little prey drive. That means it will protect it's home turf and family and never wander. However, this is not a good dog for inexperienced owners.

lefty

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't know the breed, but I think it's a variation of the CAO and as a Livestock Guardian Dog will be a handful. Large, defensive, with little prey drive. That means it will protect it's home turf and family and never wander. However, this is not a good dog for inexperienced owners. lefty
Why not? Home bound, protective, and unagressive would seem to make for a pretty good mix.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't say non-aggressive.

Powerful breed with serious stopping ability.
Quick to show defense.
Aloof and suspicious of strangers.
Could easily misinterpret the actions of a neighbour or a visitor though they will warn.
Not a good breed if you have a lot of people coming and going.

Can be an excellent family dog, but needs a strong experienced owner.

I'm not troubled by most dogs but LGDs bother me a little as I never quite know what they're thinking. They are very independent dogs.

lefty

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wouldn't say non-aggressive. Powerful breed with serious stopping ability. Quick to show defense. Aloof and suspicious of strangers. Could easily misinterpret the actions of a neighbour or a visitor though they will warn. Not a good breed if you have a lot of people coming and going. Can be an excellent family dog, but needs a strong experienced owner. I'm not troubled by most dogs but LGDs bother me a little as I never quite know what they're thinking. They are very independent dogs. lefty
Ah. All this makes much more sense. I could see being hesitant about the breed as a first dog. What do you think are good first dogs? The semi-large/large variety such as this one.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Give me an idea of size, coat, activity level, family and living situation, temperament, and expectations of a dog and I'll be better able to suggest a breed.

lefty

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say non-aggressive.

Powerful breed with serious stopping ability.
Quick to show defense.
Aloof and suspicious of strangers.
Could easily misinterpret the actions of a neighbour or a visitor though they will warn.
Not a good breed if you have a lot of people coming and going.

Can be an excellent family dog, but needs a strong experienced owner.

I'm not troubled by most dogs but LGDs bother me a little as I never quite know what they're thinking. They are very independent dogs.

lefty

Yeah, a woman in my neighborhood got a Kangal Dog. I think she found it way too "primitive" for her. As I recall, her previous dog experience had been with Labs and such.

Another woman I know got a Caucasian Ovtcharka. She had no problem with it. However, she is a professional animal trainer and also owned a tiger and a leopard. Compared to such critters, any dog that isn't a total psycho should be no problem.

I've heard that the South Russian Ovtcharka, despite its clownish appearance, is about the most ferocious of all that lot.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think I mentioned the two Akbash owned by the guy near my cabin. His huntcamp borders my property and a few weeks ago I was walking down the dirt path when I saw them running full speed toward me. I had about a moment to weigh my options when a gunshot rang out and they stopped and recalled back to their owner.

It was a long moment of option weighing.

lefty

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think I mentioned the two Akbash owned by the guy near my cabin. His huntcamp borders my property and a few weeks ago I was walking down the dirt path when I saw them running full speed toward me. I had about a moment to weigh my options when a gunshot rang out and they stopped and recalled back to their owner.

It was a long moment of option weighing.

lefty

What were the options that were given consideration?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Standing still, not presenting a threat but not backing down.
Climb a tree.
Fight with a stick and my wits.

I would have gone with option A as I figured the owner was not too far away.

Here's the ***** - he had no idea I was there, he was just doing some target practice as they were coming at me.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads