• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2010

jaac

Reaction score
I went TTS (30), they are kinda big in the waist and pretty short, just hit the tops of my shoes.

Ry'on

Reaction score
Whoa, I didn't realize they were making stuff in China. As well I'm a bit surprised they moved all shirting and pants to Japan... Normally I don't think that's a bad thing but considering the made in Canada was a big part of the brand, and the essence of what they are trying to do, seems a bit odd. I suppose the reasons makes sense for sure, but still...

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ry'on
Whoa, I didn't realize they were making stuff in China. As well I'm a bit surprised they moved all shirting and pants to Japan... Normally I don't think that's a bad thing but considering the made in Canada was a big part of the brand, and the essence of what they are trying to do, seems a bit odd. I suppose the reasons makes sense for sure, but still...

Aside from the shirting/pants, which items are made in China?

wearemosaic

Reaction score
The Down Vest + Parka were Made in China. Also, last season's Chambray Parka was Made in China.

Can Fahim comment on this, via Rob Lo (Roden Gray owner/ W+H North America sales rep)?

I'm sure they were Made in China not for cutting production costs down, but for other reasons? I'm curious because I actually just purchased the vest. I love it and don't feel it's of inferior quality by any means. Very warm and constructed extremely well.

duration

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Who can give me sizing advice on the chinos?

If you're between 29 and 31, you can search for chino measurements in the previous season's thread. As the poster below pointed out, they are usually bigger in the waist and have shorter inseams than other chinos.

roundheadlights

Reaction score
All of the down pieces from this season are made in China. I don't doubt that the quality is still high, but it's quite obvious this was done because of the production costs for this type of garment. It's a bit disconcerting though when talking about $500 vests and $800 parkas. The Ventile Down Shirt Jacket was going to be a sure purchase for me, but I'm having second thoughts. Why buy W&H MIC when I can get a similar piece from Crescent Down Works produced in my backyard? Engineered Garments down vests, at the same (or lower) price point, were produced in CANADA. Why not W&H?

auc2mic

Reaction score
Yes, very dissapointing
frown.gif

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Are the season-to-season staples (e.g., henleys, sweatshirts, hoodies, blazers, fleece) still made in Canada? If so, I'll have to buy up this season, before the brand goes to ****

roundheadlights

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
Are the season-to-season staples (e.g., henleys, sweatshirts, hoodies, blazers, fleece) still made in Canada? If so, I'll have to buy up this season, before the brand goes to ****

Based on what I've seen those items are still made in Canada. Not sure about the wool pieces though.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs

is there any difference between the SS and AW offerings of the tiger hoodies? im confused with all the terry and tiger models.

thanks

anyone, thanks!

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu

facepalm.gif
Not necessarily at you personally...

But I hate all this "oh its made in China it must be absolute ****" way of thinking. It's not like theres a single factory in China that makes everything. If you don't want to buy something made there for ethical/political reasons, okay I can understand that.
But here's plenty of stuff made in China that is of high quality... dismissing something solely because its made in China is just marsupialed.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
I said the brand was going to ****. Never mentioned quality. Although I wouldn't be surprised if a drop in quality soon follows this move.

We all know country-of-origin as Canada is an important part of W+H's identity. Don't pretend that country-of-origin is negligible for this brand. W+H decided to move some of their operations to ******* China - probably b/c costs were getting out of hand - and that's a desperate move for a brand whose identity is deeply rooted in Canadiana.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads