• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
That fake distressing is
frown.gif
You can get a lot better for $250.

Yea reading through the reviews, it looks like they're not as awesome as the pics depict. So with that I ask, SW&D, any suggestions for a maroon/cognac colored brogue toe boot w/the same kind of handmade delicacy as these? I'm more looking for the 'rural farmer in Spain' stee for my boots... $250 is fine....

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
i don't get that one. someone explain

Considering your choice of pose, the fact you don't have a basic knowledge of Megaman saddens me.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whos is making the the new Made in US models for Ralph Lauren?

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Yea reading through the reviews, it looks like they're not as awesome as the pics depict.

So with that I ask, SW&D, any suggestions for a maroon/cognac colored brogue toe boot w/the same kind of handmade delicacy as these? I'm more looking for the 'rural farmer in Spain' stee for my boots... $250 is fine....

Boots by Loake, Grenson and other UK shoemakers can be had be around $250 if you order from the UK (most sites also include the 17.5% VAT in their prices and will take it off for international orders). You can also find cheaper on ebay.

If you want to go higher end, Trickers can sometimes be found for $200-300 on ebay if you're patient.

And of course, you can always take the plunge and get some Aldens.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some new boots just trying to decide on which one I wanted, I liked Alden boots but I prefer something high top, but I don't want something that looks too dressed up but I think the Tricker looks cool too.

Frye boots

3K9GL0BG.jpg

Trickers Stowe dark espresso
5634_5_top.jpg

Wolverine Addison
DSC_00023.jpg

or

Alfred Sargent Kelso
Kelso_s_04.jpg

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Boots by Loake, Grenson and other UK shoemakers can be had be around $250 if you order from the UK (most sites also include the 17.5% VAT in their prices and will take it off for international orders). You can also find cheaper on ebay.

If you want to go higher end, Trickers can sometimes be found for $200-300 on ebay if you're patient.

And of course, you can always take the plunge and get some Aldens.

Thx for the suggestions. I wish I could see these boots after a few months of wear... they all look very stiff brand new. I also really like the more square ankle of the boots I posted as opposed to the upwards tapering ankles of some of these boots I'm seeing.... It would prob help most to see them in person though... I'll do some investigating.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'm sure your dog Rush would come to the rescue and carry you off to safety.

Originally Posted by Nil
Considering your choice of pose, the fact you don't have a basic knowledge of Megaman saddens me.

1186446967134.jpg

TheRealBillyOcean

Reaction score
How's the quality of the following brands: Buttero, Fiorentini & Baker, N.D.C?

Also I've seen mixed reviews of Frye boots. Are they just crappy?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
buttero>ndc>fb>frye would be my guess

haven't handled much fb and frye and I would have ranked buttero=ndc but people have said ndc is not the same as when I had some

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buttero: Good. The sole is this very hard rubber that almost looks like leather, and it's stitched to the boot (as opposed to glued). It's not a dainite sole but it's certainly very tough.

They have a nice leather lining. The outer leather is also quite decent. They run 1-2 sizes large according to most people, but check up cos some models may not.

F+B i've heard is pretty decent too. blake stitched leather soles i believe. Wouldn't be as durable as buttero, but you can always add a rubber topy.

NDC: in my opinion completely overrated. Yes, the soles are stitched but they're also really thin. The leather is not nearly as nice as Buttero/F+B/Paul Smith/other similarly priced boots.

that's just my experience, many people say otherwise.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NDC seems to be all over the place. Every pair I have handled so far has been completely different. I would still put it above all those other brands though overall.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are Fiorentini shoes? I found a pair of really nice wingtips that MSRP at 275 marked down to 130. Worth the plunge?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads