• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Tom Ford suit - fit pics inside

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tjc4golf
Surprised no one has pointed out the front/back balance issue yet (see pic #6, the first side view).
There is no balance issue that I can see. If you're talking about the fact that the stipes down the lower part of the side-panel are not vertical, then they aren't supposed to be; this is normal for any coat, but maybe is more extreme in this case because of the extra waist supression. You can see that this is not causing the back to be lower than the front because you can see that the stripes are not actually perpendicular to the hem either.

GQhustler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
Looks like something Lebron would wear.

The shoulders seems big, but don't look like they fit that badly.
What's the extra sleeve material hanging down bellow the bicep about?

I actually think the shoulders fit extremely well. I have very broad shoulders and an athletic build, so maybe the drop from shoulders to chest to waist makes them look relatively big in camparison. The shoulders feel snug without being too snug. Though any smaller and my delts would begin to protrude.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
not to my taste ... but looks well made. interestingly a friend sent me a link of the exact same suit on ebay that he was eyeing. i think it was a different size though.

you can do a lot with it - wear the pants separately, wear the jacket separately, wear the vest with the jacket etc etc.

enjoy it.

I think this is one of the more compelling reasons I want to keep it. I could wear it as a suit occasionally, but I agree that it would work well worn separately. I like versatility and this suit definitely wouldn't disappoint.

Originally Posted by intent
Out of curiosity, do you have fit pics of your other TF suits? It's nice to see that they work on regular people.

I haven't taken any yet, but can post some probably tomorrow night when I'm in the mood to snap more shots. Maybe I'll post a few pics of the suit I wear to work tomorrow as my first stab at the WAYWRN thread.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
That suit is off the ******* hook. Is that the same as the one in the B&S? I would totally wear that to work. Keep it, shorten the sleeves a little (maybe the jacket length as well) and get down.

Is it loud?

Yeah. That is the ******* point. If you can't piss in the weeds with the big dogs, you go home.

Keep it.

Mike

Spoken like a ******* champion.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
a bit too loud and torso-huggy for work, but great party suit and impressive OTR fit.

would shorten a bit, because with the very snug fit, it ends up looking too long (even though it isn't). all about overall proportions.

agree that F/B balance could be improved.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a rather '70s silhouette, which is why the jacket is long with the deep vents.

Ideally, it would be worn with a higher heeled shoe, which is also why Tom Ford's shoes have those stacked heels.

KenRose

Reaction score
On second thought, I'm going to see some pics of the chick that took those pictures before I can give you my honest opinion.

Originally Posted by GQhustler
I haven't taken any yet, but can post some probably tomorrow night when I'm in the mood to snap more shots. Maybe I'll post a few pics of the suit I wear to work tomorrow as my first stab at the WAYWRN thread.

Spoken like a ******* champion.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I feel that he should change his name to Tommy Ford.

- B

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Definitely quite dandy and loud. But that's where it's at, man.

Sleeves a tad long (however, I notice more and more people wearing them long... weird) but great fit on the vest and jacket, especially on the torso.

Love how it has a sheen, as well. Congrats.
smile.gif

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have very long legs, keep it, the length of the jacket wont be a big problem.

Requiem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQhustler

BrownTFfit3018-1-1.jpg

BrownTFfit003.jpg

Although the drape looks excellent, I don't like the way it fits on your lower back. It makes it looks like you suffer from lordosis (maybe you do, or maybe your just posing way too much). My back are slightly lorditic, I confess, and I try to hide it by not having such a fitted back. If the jacket was bespoke, I'm sure it could be that much waist supressed while keeping a straighter line on the back... The major point is to hide ones imperfections, not to accentuate them.

The shoulder also looks a bit too much, although the drape on the sleeve does not confirm it. Maybe you have an extreme atheletic build that compensates it.

mrhills0146

Reaction score
Goddamn, that is nice.

Not 100% sure where you'd wear it, but if I owned a suit like that I would FIND a reason to wear it.

Looks great. Get the sleeve length addressed and you are in business.

Hell of a bloody nice suit.

Requiem

Reaction score
Jacket pockets also look too high.
Don't take my criticisms wrong, please. Overall it looks impressive for a OTR, but I just don't like some details. (BTW, I only buy OTR but would not be happy with that).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads