• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Tom Ford suit - fit pics inside

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is one hell of a suit!
DAMN.
worship.gif

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Awesome. Hem the sleeves and rock that *****. Not too much though. You don't want to be the "loud suit guy"

+20

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good on you. If you like the bold plaid then keep it - it'd be easy to mix 'n match, too.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you have fit pics of your other TF suits? It's nice to see that they work on regular people.

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, beyond the little things already mentioned. Guaranteed to draw attention.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a suit that was very similar in the 70's. I didn't wear it much. I ended up preferring something with a
less bold pattern to it. But that was my personal preference.

Keep it if you like a bold pattern and if you are willing and can afford to go out right away and get 2-3 ties, shirts and pocket squares that really go well with it. Without the right accessories a suit like that can easily fail. But when worn properly it can be fun.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That suit is off the ******* hook. Is that the same as the one in the B&S? I would totally wear that to work. Keep it, shorten the sleeves a little (maybe the jacket length as well) and get down.

Is it loud?

Yeah. That is the ******* point. If you can't piss in the weeds with the big dogs, you go home.

Keep it.

Mike

haiguise

Reaction score
That's freaking awesome. Pair it with a louder TF shirt and tie and you'll be good to go. I've never seen an OTR suit fit that perfectly. Look at the back. Damn.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep it.

tjc4golf

Reaction score
Overall fits very well. Some have already pointed out the length issues which you are aware of.

Surprised no one has pointed out the front/back balance issue yet (see pic #6, the first side view). When posing for photos, some people stand taller than they naturally do in real life. If you're standing taller than usual, this would exacerbate the balance issue.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tjc4golf
Overall fits very well. Some have already pointed out the length issues which you are aware of.

Surprised no one has pointed out the front/back balance issue yet (see pic #6, the first side view). When posing for photos, some people stand taller than they naturally do in real life. If you're standing taller than usual, this would exacerbate the balance issue.

what's the balance problem?

dbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CMD.EXE
Sleeves are too short.

Huh?!!

Looks good. Not quite to my taste, but as everyone one else has said, it looks great OTR.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All in all I think it looks great. It may look a bit exaggerated all the way around, but that *is* part of the Tom Ford aesthetic. The waist and shoulders in particular are on the fashion forward side of things, but I think you should keep it anyways.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics