• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hitting up the mansion this weekend....very excited!!!

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Loving the orange chinos....thoughts?

Have you seen them in person? Just wondering if this fall's officer chinos are the same as the SS10 with single flap pocket w/ small white label vs the previous seasons with dual back flap pockets.

I picked up the sky blue and nantucket reds from SS10 and I prefer the construction/fit to the older officer chinos. If the lighter green pair in that pic are chinos and not cords, then I'll prob pick those up.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not seen the chinos in person.

What didn't you like about the fit?

el duderino

Reaction score
The ghurka pair I purchased last fall fit slightly roomier in the thigh and lower leg. But I just picked up the officer chinos in black cord and it has the same slimmer cut of the SS10 officer chinos, so it appears they've tweaked the cut.

No real standout pieces for me from what my RL store had from Alaska and Outlaw. Did pick up one Alaska flannel in red, but nothing else. Seems Orchard St collection is only going to be in select stores as the only other collections they would be getting for FW was Lighthouse and Holiday something (slopes maybe?). Will have to check that out when I visit NYC later this month.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL at the mansion is sweet.

Picked up a pair of the officer chinos in navy cords. Once I get paid this week I am buying them in the khaki cords.

Only other real standout piece I saw was the officer chinos in a selvedge denim. Very cool but wasn't feeling the $340 price tag esp. since I already own way too much denim.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if mentioned lately, but the RL store in Georgetown has a small section of the store dedicated to RRL. I don't recall seeing this before - new?

Lynx_the_one

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Not sure if mentioned lately, but the RL store in Georgetown has a small section of the store dedicated to RRL. I don't recall seeing this before - new?

Been there since RRL in georgetown closed.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Lynx. Honestly, haven't been to that one and I never noticed any RRL. Oh well.

oceansaway

Reaction score
There's a new-with-tags pair of RRL chinos, presumably from the early 90s, for sale on eBay right now, with an MSRP of $68. Interesting to see how far up the value chain Ralph has moved the brand since those days. Even factoring inflation, RRL trousers far exceed that price range today.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the top....

Anybody purchase anything new recently???

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got the denim/leather wallet. gonna go by stag this weekend and see if they have any new stuff.

waves

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
Just not a fan of the shade of greyish green fabric, looked even worse in person imo. And about only the Hampton location having it in stock, I find that odd seeing as there was a full size run with it at 50% + 25% off a few weeks back at my local RL store.

Doesn't matter what I think anyways as long as you like it.

I picked up that shirt yesterday at Field House (full price). The green is pretty saturated, I wouldn't say it's grayish at all. I thought it was unusual, and love it. Here's a photo:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/268672/RRL.jpg

J.Crew ripped it off per usual, there's does look less saturated:
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...0267/30267.jsp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads