• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
104p6kl.jpg

'nicely' done

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
are you super cool guiz suggesting that the first time i read a thread it should be from the last page first???Ok, yet another rule of this forum that has yet to be posted
facepalm.gif

51OSx-yDkCL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

although i'm pretty sure you're only semiliterate

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
104p6kl.jpg

So this is the new job, huh? Sad thing is, I could picture this being worn in an Uqajimaya or something
Originally Posted by Synthese
kkhCvl.jpg

Hem might be too large for tuck
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
Just saying...
Why are you quoting things from the first page of a 1293-page thread, nooblet?
Originally Posted by shahanshah
although i'm pretty sure you're only semiliterate
I tried clicking to see inside, but it didn't work.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
last night was great:

"you look like elvis!"
"you look like a fifties dude!" (?)
"you look like some weird eighties couple" (
foo.gif
?)
"You look like jonny depp!" (kthx!12111!??!)
"we were just talking about your hair!"
"you look like edward!" (x1000)
"I love your hair!" (x >9000)

+ had a good time out dancing with people who are basically strangers, which is nice since I know nobody, and the people who were assholes the whole way through had to watch me leave with the girl.

sometimes, after an incredibly ****** week, it is nice to have a bit of an ego boost.

anyway, now I look like this, always a nana a fringe / artsy french girl concept
ffffuuuu.gif
sup ARW

kkhCvl.jpg

Happy ending (the story kind, not Asian massage parlor kind). Where'd you meet the girl?

Loving the fit, by the way. The top part is the laid back style I'll probably be doing a lot of next year once it's warm again.

scubiduu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
style2.jpg
style3.jpg

Ted Baker
G Star
cashmere v neck
Nudie
Clarks

nice. one question though: does the blazer still look good when its open? we have pretty much the same bodytype (skinny
biggrin.gif
) and i used to wear my blazer open with jeans...but then realized that it looks like a lamp shade due to the fact that i dont really "fill" it, wich could also have a lot to do with its bad fit (probs for finding a fitting one btw)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Happy ending (the story kind, not Asian massage parlor kind). Where'd you meet the girl? Loving the fit, by the way. The top part is the laid back style I'll probably be doing a lot of next year once it's warm again.
thanks, man. Girl is a baller center middie on my co-ed soccer team, the prototypical girl next door, and totally awesome in a way that is kind of blowing my mind
blush.gif
anyway, like I said, after an absolute **** week, feeling like prom king was great - girl knows practically everybody in the state and is apparently lusted after universally, which I guess explains some of the hostility from the haters out on friday night. Although that's probably exacerbated by the fact that I live in a college town, and, well, you guys have seen the way I dress; it's not exactly normal daily-wear for most people. I actually can't even begin to count the stares I've been getting (probably not always friendly) on an almost daily basis. Anyway, point being, getting stares from all the girlies and jealous glares from their boys, combined with just dancing for hours/not giving a **** about work, and then getting the satisfaction of seeing disappointment on faces of several total douchebags when said girl left the bar con migo (insert pejorative; faggit/girlyboy/etc) was really, really overdue. [/wordvomit] Anyway, said too much. Actually, I always kind of wonder what SFers wear when they go out. Some people (i.e. sq) I can picture, others not at all. Are you allowed to dance in americana (6)? I think I usually post my friday night fits, but I'm not sure many other people do - maybe it's just general workaday stuff?

dune

Reaction score
Figured I'd throw this one up because I don't even have to bother with editing out my face. Yes, I am that lazy.

Uniqlo
APC
Pointer

I only got the jeans a couple of days ago, so still working them in.

dm2Qo.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fit on the jeans looks good, I probably would have sized down one more for instant death
smile.gif
(or gone withe petit standards, never really loved the way the hemline falls on the NS)

I'd advise looking for new shoes, though, they look a little "young" for the rest of the outfit (they look like sneakers/skate shoes?). nothing wrong with hanes/apc/boots until you feel like doing more.

dune

Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to size down more, but I spent a couple of minutes wrestling with the top button on this one, so I left it at that. Hurt like hell the first two days too.

Yes, they're sneakers, spent some time looking for new shoes but ran out off money by the time I found some
frown.gif

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Which winners? Cause YSL rollings would be instant win and DH boots would be maybe win.

The Winners on College and Yonge. I was just in there today and there were quite a few YSL and DH's. This was the same Winners where I saw a pair of $90 Lanvin low tops. This particular Winners seems to stepping up its game. Was crazy packed today.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
words about soccer and co-eds

I need to get involved in junk like that. Not necessarily soccer, mind you, but now that I'm done with college and most of my friends have moved away, my social life consists of occasionally seeing a friend or otherwise asking Synthese for details about his Friday night.

There's a big university where I live, but it's also the most violent city in the country, so most of the college-aged people are clustered in proximity to campus, which is quite out of the way of the most conveniently located drinking district. This all means that the types of girls who actually end up down in that area do a fine job of representing just how shallow the dating pool is around here (i.e. only good for busting slumps).

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I need to get involved in junk like that. Not necessarily soccer, mind you, but now that I'm done with college and most of my friends have moved away, my social life consists of occasionally seeing a friend or otherwise asking Synthese for details about his Friday night.

There's a big university where I live, but it's also the most violent city in the country, so most of the college-aged people are clustered in proximity to campus, which is quite out of the way of the most conveniently located drinking district. This all means that the types of girls who actually end up down in that area do a fine job of representing just how shallow the dating pool is around here (i.e. only good for busting slumps).

Do you live in Detroit?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope, Saginaw. Detroit is violent and crumbling, but it doesn't have **** on either Saginaw or Flint.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
So this is the new job, huh? Sad thing is, I could picture this being worn in an Uajimaya or something
love Uwajimaya

nicely, you must be having a great time. I am somewhat jealous tbh haha

APK, that sounds grim, get out some. allow me to put in a vote for soccer. Will keep you fit.

Kelvin and synth looking right as always. Synth hair ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads