• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

allen edmonds mora petition

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have recently contacted Allen Edmonds in an attempt to re-continue the Mora. All i ask of you is a simple show of support if you would like this style to be re-continued. Thank you.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of suede moras and they make me very happy. I support your effort.

R-H

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ihambrecht
I have recently contacted Allen Edmonds in an attempt to re-continue the Mora. All i ask of you is a simple show of support if you would like this style to be re-continued. Thank you.

I've planted a tree in the yard in support of AE Moras.

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really can't understand how they would discontinue a shoe with such a large cult following.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aye!

heaven7

Reaction score
I'm in.
I've been trying to track down a brown calf one in 7.5 for a couple of months now.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I DO NOT support this.

I'm also writing a letter to Allen Edmonds asking them to continue to discontinue producing the Mora.

It won't remain a cult shoes if everybody has them.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pssst! Let me tell you a secret. They're not that nice. The heel's too low, they have a 360 degree welt and the last is too flat. Get the McNeil instead if you like AE's suede, or get the Lowndes if you want a double monk.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I DO NOT support this.

I'm also writing a letter to Allen Edmonds asking them to continue to discontinue producing the Mora.

It won't remain a cult shoes if everybody has them.

I can't fault this logic.

heaven7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Pssst! Let me tell you a secret. They're not that nice. The heel's too low, they have a 360 degree welt and the last is too flat. Get the McNeil instead if you like AE's suede, or get the Lowndes if you want a double monk.

I guess everyone knows they're not that nice.
The question is, is there any other decent looking double monk in that price range?
I reckon the Lowndes is considerably more expensive.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ihambrecht
I really can't understand how they would discontinue a shoe with such a large cult following.

a real following is profitable. a cult following is not

Originally Posted by heaven7
I guess everyone knows they're not that nice.
The question is, is there any other decent looking double monk in that price range?
I reckon the Lowndes is considerably more expensive.

there are plenty of ****** makers with double monks coming out these days

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads