• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thank you, Big P. I'll try to accommodate your photo request. - B
Only if it's easy.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you will like her style.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
She'll be there I'm mid October

I'm thinking of having Salvatore make the pants, and her people the jackets.

Keep in mind I'm patient.

Dumb idea?

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I'm thinking of having Salvatore make the pants, and her people the jackets.

Keep in mind I'm patient.

Dumb idea?

- B

Not necessarily. But it will cost more. I haven't gotten pants from her yet but I gave her cloth for a suit and had her do the pants (after considering getting them somewhere else). She had the same idea of how they should be styled as I did so that was encouraging.

Keep in mind if you divide the order, you need more cloth.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Not necessarily. But it will cost more. I haven't gotten pants from her yet but I gave her cloth for a suit and had her do the pants (after considering getting them somewhere else). She had the same idea of how they should be styled as I did so that was encouraging.

Keep in mind if you divide the order, you need more cloth.

Useful information...thank you

If I decide against double sourcing the suits, I would still get odd trou from Salvatore if he comes up here.

NSM sounds as reliable as the traveling English, but most importantly, it looks great. Post up some pics and reactions when you get yours. Fittings in the Fall for you, I assume?

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
She is here next week.

Salvatore has access to really great trouser cloth but Solito and Mina both have rather uninspiring suitings. So you will be fine for "pents" but try to source your own suitings if you can.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm thinking of having Salvatore make the pants, and her people the jackets. Keep in mind I'm patient. Dumb idea? - B
She used to sell ambrosi pants amd I think she is a good fitter. I've never worn Ambrosi but did handle them when she had them and her current pants compare favorably. Not as much of the handwork but half price. But if you want ambrosi, you want ambrosi. Edit: going forward, I am going to have her make the coat and use my own pants in suits. Hopefully I won't fuxor it up.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
It is indeed very nice in person. So much so that I had to get one, too.

Parker,which one is yours? I am envious, need to buy ticket to NYC
devil.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
She is here next week.

Salvatore has access to really great trouser cloth but Solito and Mina both have rather uninspiring suitings. So you will be fine for "pents" but try to source your own suitings if you can.

Thanks. I have my own cloth for the tryout round, three suit lengths.

She used to sell ambrosi pants amd I think she is a good fitter. I've never worn Ambrosi but did handle them when she had them and her current pants compare favorably. Not as much of the handwork but half price. But if you want ambrosi, you want ambrosi.

Thanks.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

Edit: going forward, I am going to have her make the coat and use my own pants in suits. Hopefully I won't fuxor it up.

Awesome...that's putting your Panta where you mouth is.

- B

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads