• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shop The Finest/Ian Daniels (Pictures Included!)

Blake686

Reaction score
Wanted to take a moment to describe my recent experience with Ian Daniels, and echo the praise he has gotten on SF.

I arrived for my vacation in Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon, with the intention of driving to Vegas on Thursday. These plans got cancelled, so my immediate thought was to set up a warehouse appointment with Shop The Finest for Thursday. Ian was great about having me come in on such short notice, and I set up an appointment for 10 Thursday morning.

When I arrived, I was greeted by someone who works for Ian. She showed me around the "warehouse" and explained how everything was organized. I use quotes around warehouse because it didn't have a warehouse feel to it as I expected, but was rather nice, well organized, and clean. It was more like a rather large and really packed (with amazing clothing) showroom.

She then told me to take my time, ask any questions I may have, and gave me free roam of the place. What was most impressive was how easy-going and trustworthy they were. No one was following me around or hawking me, and I felt completely comfortable browsing at my pace.

The selection was incredible (as well as the prices). There is a good amount of inventory that they don't have listed on Ebay, which makes the trip even more worthwhile.

Ian showed up about a half hour after I had began my browsing, we only briefly spoke, and i continued my browsing. Once I had everything I wanted to purchase lined up (a pair of Sutors, 2 pair of Valentini pants, sorry Im a small timer!) I brought them to Ian to purchase.

I ended up spending the next hour or so talking with Ian about anything and everything: clothes, shoes, watches, cars, my girlfriend, etc. It was great to find a business owner so willing to take so much time out of his day just conversing with a customer, and not a big money one. It made me feel truly valued as a customer.

As if Ian hadn't been great already, here is where Ian really won me over as a customer. I left STF and was planning on hitting some other places to do some shopping, and one of them happened to be Leather Soul. I spoke with Bryan at LS and tried on a bunch of shoes, and we came to the conclusion that I hadn't been sized properly in the past (which was a rather disturbing experience for me). At this point I was distraught. Not only have I invested a lot of money in my current shoe wardrobe, but I also had just purchased the Sutors from STF!

I immediately called Ian and explained the situation and asked if they had shipped the Sutors yet. When I found out they hadn't, I asked to come back and try them on again. He had no issues with this and was extremely understanding. I went back to STF the same day, and indeed the Sutors had the same fitting issues Bryan had shown me. I tried on some other shoes, and Ian had no issues with me returning the Sutors and picking up a pair of Saint Crispin's (which are just awesome).

Sorry for the long write up, just wanted to share my great experience with Ian and STF, as they have gained a customer for life.

P.S. Bryan from Leather Soul is awesome too, and will get a separate write-up when I get more free time. He was extremely patient, I must have tried on 15 pairs of shoes. Ended up with a pair of G&G.

As a reward for all of that reading, here are some horribly taken pictures of my purchase! I apologize for my camera skills.

Saint Crispin's
IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

Valentini Pants (First are a brown mini-check, shame my pictures don't capture it well. Second are a gray stripe, different than anything I've seen before)
IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say a pair of St. C, G&G et al in one day is not small-timerish. (unless you used credit)
smile.gif

Nicely done.

cairomerta

Reaction score
I live right next to Ian and STF and he is such a great guy. I always go there and literally spend hours just looking around and speaking ith him. He is such a no pressure guy that it makes it enjoyable. Ive purchased many attolini and borelli suits from here. His barba selection blows away anything that is seen on his website.

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I'd say a pair of St. C, G&G et al in one day is not small-timerish. (unless you used credit)
smile.gif

I always use a card for clothing purchase.
It helps slim the bilfold for an easy fit into the breast pocket.
It can be paid monthly.
Or carried for those who prefer.
It also helps with the accounting.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where in LA? I have meetings at the Airport in OCT. Id love to stop in.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Where in LA? I have meetings at the Airport in OCT. Id love to stop in.

It's about 20-45 minutes from the airport depending on traffic.

It's near the 405-10 freeway intersection off Santa Monica exit.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
awesome purchases. do you mind if i ask how your St Crispins fit? true to size?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorial1
I always use a card for clothing purchase.
It helps slim the bilfold for an easy fit into the breast pocket.
It can be paid monthly.
Or carried for those who prefer.
It also helps with the accounting.

So does bank debit cards.

Blake686

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
awesome purchases. do you mind if i ask how your St Crispins fit? true to size?

I am a 9.5E in Lobb and G&G and I was comfortable in a 9.F in Saint Crispins. There werent any 9.5 E for me to try on but the 9.5F seemed right.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
care to disclose the damage on the shoes and pants respectively?

Blake686

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
care to disclose the damage on the shoes and pants respectively?

Sure, everything is the same price as on his website, no different by shopping in person. 599 for the shoes and the pants were I think 139 or 149. I think those are great prices.

Anyone know what Valentini pants retail for, and where they are even sold in the US?

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blake686
599 for the shoes

I'd buy Saint Crispins all day long at that price if he had any my size...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics