• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Search for Tubo (R.I.P., Tubo)

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Someone please take pity on my Tubo-deprived soul.

This thread is more likely to live on due to the throngs of new Tubo fanatics it will invariably spurn.

were you able to successfully contact tardini?

details of how you plan to re-acquire a tubo?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd never seen or heard of a tubo until this thread, now I'm anxious to see one.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
were you able to successfully contact tardini?

details of how you plan to re-acquire a tubo?

In time, in time.

Originally Posted by JayJay
I'd never seen or heard of a tubo until this thread, now I'm anxious to see one.

You can probably find a calfskin Tubo in New York if you look around. Bergdorf, Saks, and Jay Kos each carried Longhi at one point and may still.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apparently, everyone's doing the tube! Joseph Bruce 1928:
JO718.jpg
JO722.jpg
Orvis:
2L4TVB0_lg.jpg
Jos. A. Bank:
XWdJpFEd_MWYE5d4iuq6yXTB-FEwtcHEt_NZfgXR8w3adPgELTSCOe6cOiC44RHgadV0tBQivn5qOaW4teHiyT4oFIqyyLzGpr84P0gE4hIlaZhhsGSmBa1e48oOAXYWJjdmwDaDA9zFf_TtB612m_9zBdY5t20
Even Amazon:
41WY7lDEkYL._SS360_.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ It's an awesome belt. I have a black pebblegrain calfskin Tubo like one of those.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the 10 minutes it took me to go through this thread, I have evolved from confusion, horror, skepticism, understanding, and now agreement.

Thank you. Tubo
foo.gif

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
foo.gif
Call wilkes bashford in San fran AND palo alto. Was just at the SF store this past weekend and they have lots of Longhi belts in calf and croc. Didn't see this thread until today so didn't look for the tubo style, but I'd give them a check.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads