• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
(...)

I'm kind of gathering that I'm going to be the one my siblings turn to right now. I'm so ******* clueless and scared for them and I really just wish I knew what to do for them and my mother. While I never met their dad (there was no reason, he lived on the west coast etc) I still know a fair bit about him and he's my brother and sister's father.

(...)

And last weekend when my sibling's father had the opp that led to this, my sister went to see him in the hospital and couldn't even be with him.

I just don't know what to do at all.

Ed, there ain't much you can do at times like this other than to be available and listen. They'll grieve and cry and there's nothing you can say or do that will get them over it - but being supportive and patient will go a long way. Good luck, man.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta

I just don't know what to do at all.

good luck. this is tough

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Ed, there ain't much you can do at times like this other than to be available and listen.

This is the truth. Just being there, showing you care, is pretty much what you have to do.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sad story, Ed. +1 to the notion that the best thing you can do for them is just be there.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've let them both know they can call me whenever, which my sister took advantage of last night about 1AM. It's not a big deal
smile.gif

I also figure at this point he's still alive, no point in draining myself now. If the worst happens I won't be able to help and if the best happens well there was nothing to worry about. Let's see if I can actually keep that up.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$200 cabs

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
$200 cabs

dude, I am happy this is your problem. lately every time I see that you post on this thread, it is some real catastrophe that dwarfs my petty ****.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
$200 cabs

have you considered buying a cab service? Could be cheaper in the long run.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
have you considered buying a cab service? Could be cheaper in the long run.

lol8[1].gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Kunk's Kab Service.

I say do it.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Time to unplug for a while. Maybe I'm surly, but holy **** teh forum is filled with major dumb today. And I don't mean GOOD dumb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads