• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Money Never Sleeps sartorial critique thread

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer
Movie tailor named - Leonard Logsdail.

He's gonna be really busy now...

His suits are in the 5K range, that excludes 98% of the population.

Originally Posted by PhiloVance
I read somewhere that Leonard Logsdail-London did Denzel Washington's suits for American Gangster.

Yes, but I still doubt, that blue checkboard jacket was made by him. At least I hope not.

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
His suits are in the 5K range, that excludes 98% of the population.

I still believe the publicity will increase his business significantly. 2% of the population is still a lot of people.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lebuff truly has one of the most punchable faces in Hollywood. which is obviously saying a lot ps - please stop quoting cock bulge photo
ffffuuuu.gif

hermes man

Reaction score
i am so getting the gucci shoe..............
ffffuuuu.gif
hope i can save enough money by then and wear it when i watch the movie

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
i am so getting the gucci shoe..............
ffffuuuu.gif

hope i can save enough money by then and wear it when i watch the movie

Where are the updates to your blog, man? Your readership eagerly awaits.

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Where are the updates to your blog, man? Your readership eagerly awaits.

oh i just came back from visiting relatives.. been away for a week .. celebrating hari raya..

happy that you like my blog
smile.gif
will update soon but they isnt any new purchases because i am still broke
ffffuuuu.gif

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rgoldstein
This has been my experience in my short (and thankfully soon to end) stint in the men's clothing business. I once had a high level banking exec (I recognized him from Forbes but kept my mouth shut
smile.gif
) come into the store on my up. He was wearing pants from a very expensive cashmere suit (it coulda been a Kiton.
bounce2.gif
OMG), a Brooks Bros. OCBD, and a sloppily tied Ferragamo tie. I laughed because nobody else would have given him a second look. He looked like a staff auditor or a personal injury attorney who just happened to have an exceptional haircut.
lol8[1].gif

I, for one, am going to see Money Never sleeps. Maybe even the midnight showing. It might suck, but I'm dying to see MD's wardrobe...and laugh heartily at Mr. LeBeef's.

Spot-on. Especially on the sell side, it's never about the total look, only the individual pieces. Hermes tie - green with light blue dolphins on it? Check. Requisite horse-bit Gucci loafers? Check. Oxxford suit? Check. Turnbull shirt? Check. Fits well? Rarely. Frumpy? Absolutely. Tie knot could be fucked up, fit could be awful, doesn't matter. On the sell side, there are a few "marquee" brands and you're always "correct" and "appropriate" if you wear from those brands, regardless of the total package. In SF, those in the know say "fit before quality." That's absolutely true in the real world, just not on Wall Street. With those guys, it's all wink-nod-grin, yup, you've nailed it, you get the joke, you've got the right pieces on, now let's grab a drink.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LanceW
Did anyone ever find this jacket fabric?

I'm pretty sure it's Scabal- I'll check on Monday.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt, Gordon Gekko in the windowpane trou and braces with white gut ends changed **** forever. I just don't think this film will have the same effect, that's all I'm saying.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
None of these pics is true to Wall Street.

Generally, Wall Streeters dress like ******* slobs. John Paulson is the only hedge fund manager I can think of who looks presentable. OK, maybe Jim Chanos. No other names come to mind.

Among bank execs, Lloyd Blankfein always looks well turned out, and Dimon of course looks good, maybe a couple others. But that's it.

In fact, in the PE/hedge fund world, we always say that you can tell who the amateurs are, because they're wearing ties. The guys who have $5b+ under management roll into your office looking like ****. And they can - I mean, what do they care? Two & twenty or three & fifty (which is what Stevie Cohen and few others can get) on $5b+ is a level of earning where you could give a **** what people think of your choice in clothing.

Anyway, the outfits in this film are fun to look at, but far, far off the mark, based on my experience.

Oh so true of entertainment too! In general, you have your agents who wear flashy stuff, often fits like ****, usually paired with ugly Prada shoes. A few dress really well, but they're the exception. Then you have the managers who try and dress half way presentable, maybe ill-fitting dress pants and a shirt with the collar stays left at home. Producers are another level all together, in old t-shirts and flip flops to meetings. Studio execs run the gammut, depending on their rank/department.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads