• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Smokers Thread

raley

Reaction score
Cigs in the freezer? Is this some British English thing I'm not getting or something? Never heard of that before.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
she would miss that joke - all she knows is that cigar smokers drive by her and honk their horn, which is starting to bother her!
teacha.gif

Then it's brilliant because it works on both levels!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
Cigs in the freezer? Is this some British English thing I'm not getting or something? Never heard of that before.

Probably helps keep them fresh for longer, for people who don't kill a pick in a day or too. If you've ever had a cigarette after it's been sitting in an open pack for a few days, it's kind of nasty tasting. That would be my guess at least.

studio253

Reaction score
Excellent call on the Punch RS12s. Partagas coronas, the first release Trinidad Colonials are exceptional right now. On the domestic front I'm a huge Fuente fan with the Don Carlos #3 being my go to smoke right now. I'm a big fan of the smaller sized Opus X as well as Ashton VSGs.

tomtraubert

Reaction score
i smoked marlboros mostly from the beginning. i think nat shermans are the best. personally i prefer MCDs for the sort of nutty taste and full flavor. the black and golds are much lighter in comparison. the fantasias are more like the MCDs but colored and without the nutty flavor. if you want a more regular looking cig, then their classics are great too. i'm trying to quit so i've been smoking nothing but MCDs for the past couple months.

mass

Reaction score
i pretty much only smoke gauloises. occasionally i will have a dunhill and if i can some newports. as far as cigars are concerned i have been smoking less and less of them but davidoffs are my favorite, followed by partagas.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
I've also been getting back into cloves lately. The eugenol buzz is better than I remembered.

Hookah is pretty fun too.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
I've also been getting back into cloves lately. The eugenol buzz is better than I remembered.

Hookah is pretty fun too.

Oh I miss those cloves... Their full body taste just does it for me. And hookah, I was smoking one with my friends on a spiral staircase on a stormy snowing night, unbelievable experience
inlove.gif

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
Oh I miss those cloves... Their full body taste just does it for me. And hookah, I was smoking one with my friends on a spiral staircase on a stormy snowing night, unbelievable experience
inlove.gif

Hookah can really put out crazy amounts of smoke if it's big enough, too. I know some people who've managed to fill their whole room with it.

There's this one brand of cloves, something orange. I don't think they're in production any more, sadly. Unfiltered and hand rolled, bringing new meaning to full bodied. Knocked me square on ****** once or twice.

kimizz0

Reaction score
Dunhill superior milds are my cig of choice. Occassionally I'll go for Djarum blacks or specials. When I smoked cigars more a couple years ago, H. Upmann Conneusieurs were my favorite, and I also enjoyed Punch rojos I think they were.

metkirk

Reaction score
I'm getting 4 cartons of these for Christmas
bounce2.gif

555classicaw2.gif

Anyone interested in trading? I'd like to try out some new things
devil.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mass
i pretty much only smoke gauloises. occasionally i will have a dunhill and if i can some newports. as far as cigars are concerned i have been smoking less and less of them but davidoffs are my favorite, followed by partagas.

Hurray for Gauloises (blondes, the blue pack). Only buy some occasionnally now.

Jazz

Reaction score
I smoke bensons and hedges, special lights -- they are a bit thinner than the regular cigarettes but not thin enough to be effeminate. Whenever I am overseas, I opt for Dunhill lights Internation -- cream colored box, very very smooth... although at cigarettes costing me over 350$ a month, I am considering beginnig to roll my own....

It's just the smelly hands thing that worries me a little.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the peculiar luck of being able to smoke without being addicted. I can smoke a pack a day and then not smoke for another year. Here are my Turkish Specials, unfiltered ovals:
dsc02606ri4.jpg
I love how the design has not changed since the '60s. Appropriately, that's also a '50s Dunhill Sylph lighter in the silver tray.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads