• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau (Eco Friendly Activewear and Outdoor Clothing)

rdev

Reaction score
On my first look at the new arrivals, I was thinking that I could skip them. But I'm now rethinking the dualist jacket. I've been doing some hiking, and having wind/rain resistance on my front but open under the arms and back sounds pretty good. It seems like a piece that could replace my wool hoody and wind shirt. I see a few people praising it in the earlier posts, which is a bit reassuring.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
010m02_407_1_10.jpg
Kinda feeling their down shirt.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
I'm thinking of getting a Nau jacket to replace a North Face jacket that I have that "everyone and their mom" has. Which one is nice and warm?
Good call.
Originally Posted by ahjota
Guessing you're replacing a Denali fleece? Try the Profile Fleece jacket or the Dualist jacket. Alternately, any of the Shroud of Purrin pieces, or even the Down shirt.
I think the Profile is one of the most versatile fleece pieces, and is pretty wind resistant thanks it tight weave and smooth face. Like all the Nau stuff, it doesn't scream "outdoor tech" so it works well in urban settings too. Shroud of Purrin looks more like tech outerwear, but is super warm, and more weatherproof--good in everything short of full on rain/snow storms. And....
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
010m02_407_1_10.jpg
Kinda feeling their down shirt.

Perhaps the single best thing they make, IMO. Ultralight, super warm, and one of the best looking "puffies" out there. Their down is high quality so they don't have to overstuff it to have be really warm, and as such it still fits trim and looks great. Work as outerlayer or underneath something more burly when the weather is really ******.

jrad

Reaction score
Just picked up the Riding Jacket, but wished they would have made the inner pocket larger.
But besides that I am pretty happy with it (not a big fan of the zipper).
All in all I really like there products

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of some of their newer stuff? I bought a riding jacket in small on ebay and it ended up feeling closer to a medium. The binary jacket and some of the other blazers look pretty nice, but it would suck if they're still a little bigger on me.

xplorer

Reaction score
how's the modus trench as a winter coat in sub zero temperature (Canada) with snow? is it a heavy coat that you can layer a sweater/sport jacket under it? i wish Nau would ship to Canada or better yet, open up a retail store here.

asoong

Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say that I bought the Asylum last year and it is amazing. I went snowboarding on a rainy day and I came out completely dry. The hidden zippers are also slick touch.

Jl24

Reaction score
Which do you guys think would be better for a dinner date on a cold rainy night- binary jacket or Shroud of Purrin blazer?

SerialComma

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Motil backpack? I've been riding my bike more and my messenger's not really cutting it; plus, it kills my back once it gets past a certain weight. I like the look of this backpack, but I'm curious as to how practical it is for everyday/occasional overnight situations. Will it carry a coffee tumbler, lunch, gym clothes (not sneakers), a book, maybe a light sweater? It's hard to tell from the photos what it will hold and how it will hold up when full, and I haven't been able to see it in person yet. Any thoughts appreciated.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4875853167_28e6d5f9f5.jpg

Anybody know if the vest is coming out?

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am glad I stumbled across this thread again. I am a huge fan of Nau, even before they went "radio silent" for a while. They were subsequently purchased by a local (Santa Barbara) company called Horny Toad. I am loving their new FW line and was sent a few pieces to try out. I can help comment on build, fit questions, etc if you need. Disclaimer: I do not represent the brand but I do work with their PR company and I am reviewing some products. I will be going to NY next week and will give the Modus Trench, BS Long Sleeve Snap, Flip Scarf, and Fluent Stash a workout. In general I think items fit true to size, meaning if you follow their guidelines, it'll be a proper fit. They specify when it's a more "fitted" or "slim" fit. Also, for their jackets, they sometimes make the sleeves a bit longer because they want the end of it to cover half your hand for the cold. I know I have a jacket from a few seasons ago that is this way; it has thumbholes too. The items I am really digging right now are the Down Shirt and all the Shroud of Purrin offerings.

rdev

Reaction score
The vest is part of the Binary Jacket. It doesn't look like they'll sell it separately.

that_was_easy

Reaction score
For me, the Motil sometimes looks small, somtimes the opposite. Lately, after seeing a few more pictures of it in different settings, I've been struck by how much larger it appears in relation to it's product page on Nau's website. I imagine all the stuff you mentioned would fit nicely, if I had to guess.

They also have a fairly generous return policy, imo.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the greatest but there's a coupon code (OMFGCO) out right now good for 10% off your order. A second 10% is donated to p:ear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads