• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
I think they would be too big for you as well. I'm 5'10" and weigh about 155 lbs. The heritage poplins and oxfords fit me almost perfectly, though the sides could be taken in about an inch total. I would say they were made for a guy 5'10", 160 lbs, and 36 or 38 chest.

Damn this is a pain. I have all the basics I need, but I would rather not go bespoke or MTM for just a button down collar shirt. It's hard to find the yellows and pinks both solid and striped in a kids size and Ralphy is just a touch smaller than Lands End kids...

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
nobody has answered me so here are my questions again:

how much will shipping cost me?
I live in Canada

also whats the difference between lands end and lands end canvas?
http://canvas.landsend.com/canvas/index.html

No one has answered you because theres no reason we would know the answer to your first question. It is better directed at LE directly.

The answer to the second should be sort of obvious. Styling differences mostly. I haven't noticed any quality increase.

ohyoumad

Reaction score
I tried out three Chambrays from LEC. The Navy Stripe, Red, and Light Grey. The Navy Stripe actually looks the nicest in person, but once you try it on it's totally different when compared to the grey and red. The collar doesn't stay up, just slouches down, and the material is a lot softer and has a worn-in feel. The other too feel pretty stiff and the collars are nice, like in the previews on the site...

TDOT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
nobody has answered me so here are my questions again:

how much will shipping cost me?
I live in Canada

also whats the difference between lands end and lands end canvas?
http://canvas.landsend.com/canvas/index.html

Wait for the free shipping coupons, and you will only be hit with duty. I ordered just over $50 worth of stuff, got the free shipping, and duty was just over $6. LEC break all the costs down for you as your process your order.

jakejake

Reaction score
Any active 20% off coupon for sale items + free shipping?

tcolberg

Reaction score
Today I got a hand address and hand written thank you card from LEC and the order from UPS hasn't even shown up yet! But it was a very nice touch. This order I only bought the argyle socks (what a bargain!) and the canvas work bag. The card makes me want to take a chance on ordering a few things from them next sale they have and seeing if I can make their sizing work.

Factor Xll

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tcolberg
Today I got a hand address and hand written thank you card from LEC and the order from UPS hasn't even shown up yet! But it was a very nice touch. This order I only bought the argyle socks (what a bargain!) and the canvas work bag. The card makes me want to take a chance on ordering a few things from them next sale they have and seeing if I can make their sizing work.

I got the bag too, wasn't impressed. but for 20$ can't complain

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Um, I think my "hand written" card was not really hand written but a generic thank you letter penned in script, scanned into a computer and then printed on a few thousand thank you cards to look like it was really written by hand.

happy hooligan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Um, I think my "hand written" card was not really hand written but a generic thank you letter penned in script, scanned into a computer and then printed on a few thousand thank you cards to look like it was really written by hand.

mine was written per what I ordered...

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal

I don't know about yours, but I thought so too, but it was written with my name and specific items in my order. While its possible that the rest of the card was written using some sort of machine that copies notes and the like, at least my name was hand written. Besides, it had too many smudges and imperfections to be a computer print out.

They're really going out of their way to appeal to a younger generation and to find out what we like. I was impressed enough to actually give them some feedback on the item they asked about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads