• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreatHighway
welcome to the newest member of the family, the natural chromexcel Indy boot. soft stuff
2zxmbh2.jpg

Those look great Gene!
darker in that photo than some of the others I've seen

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
It's pretty easy to find, man. It's on Santa Monica...if you're coming from the Hugo Boss/Brooks Bros side, just cross the street and cross one more time to your left. It's a small store. The last time I was there, maybe 3-4 weeks ago, there was some construction going on around the store. (Construction outside the store, just in front of the store). Or I guess in easier term, just walk up Rodeo and make a left on Santa Monica, and it's right there! It's a small store so you can miss it easily if you drive by, but you shouldn't miss it if you walk.
I swear I was there, I just didn't cross the street. I was looking for the store but just couldn't see it. My eyes must be going bad. I guess I'll have to cross the street next time and actually walk by to actually see the store. I guess google maps isn't updated yet? I am looking at the streetview to see how the LS store sign looks and can't find it. I always see that Panini Cafe but I guess it is before that if I am coming from the BB store. My guess is it is this still un-open store in google maps?
2rhsc4p.jpg
Originally Posted by zippyh
Wait, you don't have interweb on your phone? There's also always 1-800-GOOG-411
My phone is plebe-ish as I am with Verizon and they barely started coming out with their nice phones recently.

Arizor

Reaction score
Captoe #8s on Plaza last from Leathersoul, approx. 2 years of wear.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of Reversed Chamois Ranger Moc in Tobacco size 10D. I picked them up a few months ago but haven't had a chance to wear them. I'm debating whether or not to keep them. I figured I'd post here to gauge interest. I paid $478 (I understand Blackbird charges a higher premium than most), so to make it worthwhile, I would sell them for $425 shipped CONUS. Thank you. 73034 Reversed Chamois Ranger Moc in Tobacco

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Roys, definitely one of my favorite boots. I have a good half-dozen pair of nice boots but ever since getting my Roys they are just about the only boots I wear anymore. All my other boots are pretty well cared for but these are my wear every day, never put shoe trees in them, beater boots and they are perfect for that and I love them all the more for it.

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Love the Roys, definitely one of my favorite boots. I have a good half-dozen pair of nice boots but ever since getting my Roys they are just about the only boots I wear anymore. All my other boots are pretty well cared for but these are my wear every day, never put shoe trees in them, beater boots and they are perfect for that and I love them all the more for it.

Ive only had for a few days but so far love them. They are comfortable and look great with jeans or chinos

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
Sounds like another QC issue.
facepalm.gif

Right. That's why you can't see the store in the old Google Maps picture. It is J. Crew's fault.

joz411no

Reaction score
Any of you guys notice the difference between the fit of your boots and shoes made on the same size last? All of my Barrie wing-tip boots fit a little wider (which is good for me) than my LWB's. I don't notice so much a difference in length but certainly width. Perhaps it's with the understanding that boots may be worn with thicker socks?

rolling green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joz411no
Any of you guys notice the difference between the fit of your boots and shoes made on the same size last? All of my Barrie wing-tip boots fit a little wider (which is good for me) than my LWB's. I don't notice so much a difference in length but certainly width. Perhaps it's with the understanding that boots may be worn with thicker socks?

I agree. My LWB definitely run tighter than my Roys which is exactly why I've put them up for sale. I'm going to try an E width for my next pair of Long wings

GreatHighway

Reaction score
it should be noted that the Roy boot is made on the Trubalance last while the LWB most likely isnt. all my Trubalance stuff is D width while my barrie last LWBs are E width. but now, speaking about shoes made on a last compared to a boot on the same last... my chukkas which are also barrie fit tighter in the forefoot (particularly on the outside) on my left foot than my LWBs. both are E width and made from shell cordovan.

Jason - right-on! are you waiting on the ones from your store (360 welt, barrie)? and i thought the same thing when i pulled the naturals out: darker than in the pictures (from ShoeMart). i can tell, though, that after a good few months these will have more range as far as visible colors than the dark brown CXL. the only question now is how to treat them (polish, cream) if at all.

joz411no

Reaction score
I'm certain the style of shoe/boot on that last has much to do with it as well. This is why I made the distinction between the wing-tip boot and the long-wing blucher. I just couldn't see how the fit would be that different. I would imagine a chukka boot might fit a little different than dress shoe.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreatHighway
it should be noted that the Roy boot is made on the Trubalance last while the LWB most likely isnt all my Trubalance stuff is D width while my barrie last LWBs are E width.
That kind of seems counter-intuitive since the Barrie Last is a fuller last than the Trubalance. So a D on the Barrie would normally be more generous in the width than the Trubalance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads