• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone in the Boston Area Want to Open a Restaurant With Me?

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Sounds like your QSR won't be QS enough. I could help w/ that. Give you the SF discount of $350/hr.
I will pay you to quit your profession.
laugh.gif
jk (only if it's not really your profession)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
OP, have you tried contacting the member known as "vox satoria"? I think he can help.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jays978
I will pay you to quit your profession.
laugh.gif
jk (only if it's not really your profession)

You can pay me to quit my profession. I'm trying to get out anyway!
Originally Posted by acidboy
OP, have you tried contacting the member known as "vox satoria"? I think he can help.
DUDE WTF. I'm trying to work a client here and you are totally cockblocking my wallet. **** you. **** you hard.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I bet if it was six girls you'd consider it.

[edmorel]Add a bar and you can call it six girls one cup.[/edmorel]

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You can pay me to quit my profession. I'm trying to get out anyway!

DUDE WTF. I'm trying to work a client here and you are totally cockblocking my wallet. **** you. **** you hard.

dude I feel he's gonna serve a lot of foamy stuff and ranch dressings.

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
dude I feel he's gonna serve a lot of foamy stuff and ranch dressings.

I'm not into molecular gastronomy so no foams here!
biggrin.gif

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
A nice ranch dressing creme fraiche? Ketchup foam?

If you do ever get something off the ground in boston lemme know as i'd drop by

If you can open a real bbq place around these parts you can have my money.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari

Yea, there are a few openings in different areas of boston. Not everyone wants to drive to m&m (and even then, i've only been once but wasn't floored. will try again with another menu item. still good though). The problem is do you do a straight forward one, or trendy it up a bit (while keeping the food good). Hard for startup places without anything going for them to last. Just a regular solid restaurant starting up is probably doomed to fail.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Do you need in-house counsel? I'll accept payment in the form of alcohol.

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari

I can do BBQ very well, but don't want to be too burnt out (smoked) by the end of the day. A future venture perhaps.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, there are a few openings in different areas of boston. Not everyone wants to drive to m&m (and even then, i've only been once but wasn't floored. will try again with another menu item. still good though). The problem is do you do a straight forward one, or trendy it up a bit (while keeping the food good). Hard for startup places without anything going for them to last. Just a regular solid restaurant starting up is probably doomed to fail.

I feel like Bostonians don't know what they want in terms of restaurants, they just follow the crowd. That makes it that much harder to cater to them besides opening up a lunch spot for the working. Just like how you mentioned how one would need to "trendy" up a BBQ place.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
There are some smaller operations that make good food without added flash.

By "trendy" up a bbq place i mainly meant in comparison to a real bbq place from all over the south. Basically most look like someone bought out a mcdonalds, put yellow tinted lighting in and called it a day. I mean, unless you've been around forever as an established bbq place who does well in regional and national competitions and have a good reputation, you can't just open a place like that up. Especially since boston doesn't have a big bbq community.

If capital, real esate, and manpower is a problem for you, why don't you try a food truck?

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jays978
I feel like Bostonians don't know what they want in terms of restaurants, they just follow the crowd. That makes it that much harder to cater to them besides opening up a lunch spot for the working. Just like how you mentioned how one would need to "trendy" up a BBQ place.

I think you are buying into the local media's take on Boston dining at face value. Reading The Improper and Boston Magazine will brainwash you into believing your quote is true. For me, the people that follow the crowd are the suburbans who come into the South End and dine at Stella or Stephi's on Tremont to be seen out. These are the people that skim the Improper or BM and decide where to eat. There are a ton of great restaurants that have been chugging along but are not owned by Barbara Lynch or Ken Oringer, and do not get the lion's share of press around these parts. Not to mention, there is also a huge Chowhound and Grub Street community spreading the word about noteworthy places.

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
What do you need a partner for? To bankroll the idea?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads