• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone in the Boston Area Want to Open a Restaurant With Me?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
No way bruh. I am the second most Michelin starred American chef. I post on this forum and meet people from this forum using a pseudonym.

I wish I knew who you were so I could taste the gourmet delicacies that you most creatively and lovingly design for your clients oral pleasure and mental stimulation.

But seriously OP, restaurants are a TOUGH gig. If you do find a partner, be sure that person is OBJECTIVE as he will be the voice of reason to counter your overly optimistic and attached ideas (founder/owners are always too attached to their "baby" and have a hard time seeing faults and problems).

Good luck.

If this is a troll post then well done, better than average.

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I wish I knew who you were so I could taste the gourmet delicacies that you most creatively and lovingly design for your clients oral pleasure and mental stimulation.

But seriously OP, restaurants are a TOUGH gig. If you do find a partner, be sure that person is OBJECTIVE as he will be the voice of reason to counter your overly optimistic and attached ideas (founder/owners are always too attached to their "baby" and have a hard time seeing faults and problems).

Good luck.

If this is a troll post then well done, better than average.

Great advice! And exactly the reason why I am seeking a partner! I know I can do it. My family are all cooks, but obviously I need someone to bring me back down to earth when my visions of granjure are convoluted!

I'm not shooting for Michelin stars or anything - of course that's a whole lot of work (and capital).

I want to open a quick service restaurant. I have a great concept and great food. =D

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jays978
Great advice! And exactly the reason why I am seeking a partner! I know I can do it. My family are all cooks, but obviously I need someone to bring me back down to earth when my visions of granjure are convoluted!

I'm not shooting for Michelin stars or anything - of course that's a whole lot of work (and capital).

I want to open a quick service restaurant. I have a great concept and great food. =D

Like a Five Guys?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Something along those lines but reinvented

Six Guys?

confused.gif

- B

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
QSR provided the basis for we I have based the foundation of my work experience upon.
Yeah. It is awesome for teenagers who need a job. That is about it. QSR represented my first 6 years in the culinary field. Trust me jays. Hire me as a chef consultant. That way, you can have my expertise, but I won't put my name on the menu or the concept. You can probably get me for.... I dunno, $500-700 an hour for opening menu/concept consultation without using my name. You can use my name if you want but then I'd need $1k per hour consulting fees. Let's take this serious matter to PM.

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Yeah. It is awesome for teenagers who need a job. That is about it. QSR represented my first 6 years in the culinary field.

Trust me jays. Hire me as a chef consultant. That way, you can have my expertise, but I won't put my name on the menu or the concept. You can probably get me for.... I dunno, $500-700 an hour for opening menu/concept consultation without using my name. You can use my name if you want but then I'd need $1k per hour consulting fees. Let's take this serious matter to PM.

Thanks for the generous offer but I consider myself pretty able and creative culinarily. I grew up always asking myself why people find cooking so hard.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two words:

Onion Rings

or

Allen Edmonds

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in, but only if our new restaurant is named Brasserie Granjure [Sic] or Granjure [Sic] Yakitoriya.

jays978

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Two words:

Onion Rings

or

Allen Edmonds

Ha! Why not both?!

When (that's right, WHEN!) I open my restaurant, you guys will come right?!
It'll be the one with the line wrapped around the block! =)

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
It'll be the one with the line wrapped around the block! =)
Sounds like your QSR won't be QS enough. I could help w/ that. Give you the SF discount of $350/hr.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads