• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raffaelle Caruso Models

__PG__

Reaction score
I tried on my first Raffaelle Caruso suit today. Very nice.

Only problem is that even at 50% off in Melbourne, Australia they are still $1400.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very not loud (hence the name?) jacket (OTR). Full-canvas, unlined (except
for the sleeves), no shoulder padding

02carusowhisperwhisperl.jpg

01carusowhispertotaal.jpg

Label (Immanuel 1970 is the old name of Frans Boone's store):

03carusowhisperlabelimm.jpg

Four kissing buttons, closed button-holes, but 'prepared to be opened':

04vierkissingbuttons.jpg

Patch hip pockets, welted breast pocket (see first picture):

05opgestikteheupzakken.jpg

Back of collar:

06reverskraag.jpg

Inside pocket:

07binnenzak.jpg

Wool/cotton-blend:

08stoflabeli.jpg

09stoflabelii.jpg

Inside-out

10binnenstebuiten.jpg

No shoulder padding:

11geenschoudervulling.jpg

Inside-out, front:

12binnenstebuitenvoorka.jpg

No glue:

13binnenwerki.jpg

14geenplak.jpg

Button. I am not sure about the material. Maybe corozo?

15knoop.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the Donegal suit thread, shifted here since this is a better place for it.
Originally Posted by aj_del
Speaking of Caruso, I came to know today that a store is offering Caruso MTM in Delhi, India. Who the F would buy Caruso MTM in this label loving country ?
Originally Posted by TRINI
You can't be the only person aware of Caruso in Delhi.
Originally Posted by aj_del
Probably not but how many would prefer Caruso to the luxury labels is a different matter. Sadly, Indians are label lovers (read whores). Anyways, I will ask them tomorrow when I visit.
A new store has opened in Delhi (branch of the same store which is already in Bangalore and Mumbai) and I read that they are offering Caruso MTM. I was very surprised as I didnt think that they would find any clients for what I believe to be a very under the radar brand. I was proved wrong today when I visited the store today. According the young lady who is looking after the MT program she has already received 3 orders in the 7 days that they have been open for. Also, she said the response in Bangalore and Mumbai has been great. However, they longer carry Caruso RTW as it didn't take off. Anyways, they had around 10 books in different weights and seasons available. The three I saw seemed to be re-badged Loro Piana books. Suits were 100000 INR (2150 USD) for the standard finishing version in most of the fabrics except the most expensive (s150s IIRC) which was 125000 (2702 USD). They had jacketing books as well and I saw a 90% wool and 10% cashmere book and the standard finish SC was for 85000 (1825 USD). They had several options with individual prices over and above the standard finishing. There was something called 'Gold Finish' and there was extra prices for pick stitching (overall) and handmade working buttonholes and sartorial finish for trousers. I think most of the options would have to be taken to get the finishing level of NOBD's MTM suits. The prices for the options was in euros and would add something around 250 euros for the fully loaded version. Just to give some perspective regarding prices, Corneliani suits are around 65000 onwards here and Boggi suits are 30000 at full price. They also had Church's shoes and the Liverpool double monk (as well as several others) was 27000 INR. The retail of the monks in UK is 380 GBP (inc VAT) which is roughly 27000 INR.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks, Kaplan. A few more pics...
01carusobeigehstotaal.jpg
Breast pocket:
02borstzakje.jpg
Hip (?) pocket:
03heupzak.jpg
Lapels:
04revers.jpg
Button "Corno":
05knoopje.jpg
Inside:
06binnenkant.jpg
Label:
07fblabel.jpg
Pure Linen...
08purelinen.jpg
... not:
09not.jpg
TWO sleeve buttons:
10mouwknopen.jpg
11mouwknopenopen.jpg
12mouwknopenbuitenkant.jpg
Back lapels:
13achterkantrevers.jpg
Inside sleeve:
14mouwaanzet.jpg
Inside-out, front:
15binnenstebuitenvoorka.jpg
Inside-out, back:
16binnenstebuitenachter.jpg
Canvas:
17canvas.jpg
Detail inside:
18detailbinnenkant.jpg
Booklet:
19sumisura.jpg

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. How does it fit? I'd like to get the same thing in a shade or two darker. I like the two buttons. Is it "pure linen" or the blend depicted. If the blend, how do you like it?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. How does it fit? I'd like to get the same thing in a shade or two darker.
I like the two buttons. Is it "pure linen" or the blend depicted. If the blend, how do you like it?

Thank you, emptym. I like the fit (it made its appearance in WAYWRN a few times). I'm trying no shoulder padding for my next MTM, though (a blue Donegal tweed suit). This one has two thin layers of padding in the shoulders, which I feel I don't need since my shoulders are quite broad and straight.

It's the blend. I like it, but it's quite stiff (because of the silk and linen). I don't mind that, but if you're looking for something soft, this isn't the fabric you want.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
This one is OTR. Mid grey flanel with chalk-stripes. I don't know which line it is from.

carusomerklabelak2.jpg

carusojasjeuh5.jpg

carusostoflabel.jpg

carusoreverspb9.jpg

carusoknoopjepo9.jpg

carusoknoopjeopstiftaa0.jpg

carusoafterdinnersplitnn1.jpg

Ey I'm looking for a flannel as that. If some of you got a similar one with 17,5 inches shoulders or a bit less euro 48 r ( 38 r us ) I'm buying!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Found a couple photos of this Caruso Model M81TM301F (why not an easier model name?).
Loro Piana mid-blue mohair 3-r-2 with shirt shoulders from eHaberdasher.

Caruso1.jpg

Caruso2.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks great, K!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, dudes. The shirt is from MyTailor.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
The shirt is from MyTailor.

We know it's from your tailor but what's his name?

rimshot.gif

Sorry - couldn't resist.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RC makes what I think is the most well made and reasonably priced RTW.

The buttons are ****, however.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads