• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11022_FERNANDES%20CHERRY%20BOUQET%201LTR.jpg
Mixed with some 7up. Ultimate Cherry Soda experience.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple ounces of room temperature Eagle Rare 17 year old, straight up.

Plotting my strategy to buy up enough of it when it's released in October so I can be sitting here a year from now, typing "A couple ounces of room temperature Eagle Rare 17 year old, straight up.."

Wish me luck.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made an Emerson. Good way to relax after a weekend of 16+ hrs in airports and a slow Monday at work:

58713_703664902733_216316_38748652_8314757_n.jpg

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
A couple ounces of room temperature Eagle Rare 17 year old, straight up. Plotting my strategy to buy up enough of it when it's released in October so I can be sitting here a year from now, typing "A couple ounces of room temperature Eagle Rare 17 year old, straight up.." Wish me luck.
The best advice I can give you is to start calling stores in your area that will be getting it now. Many of them prob. have waiting lists and such and you can get your name on a bunch of them. Short of that take a trip up here. It is still relatively abundant, one store has five bottles of it on the shelf still.

happy hooligan

Reaction score
right now I'm having a Pacifico with a fresh lime from my lime tree! Nothing better than that on a warm evening...

As to Stone on Tap, yes I had it at the brewery and it was fantastic. I bought a growler when I was there and had it filled with Vanilla Porter... unreal... only available at the brewery but so worth it just for that....

And the Tumber is way better than New Castle. When I started with "real" beers and ale, New Castle was great... now that I've tasted others, I realize it's just okay...

For Brown Ales, I'd go

Goose Island Hex Nut Brown
Moose Drool
Maybe Daddy Brown?
then Tumber and way down there is New Castle.

I know NC is a Brown Ale, but it's so weak in the way of taste compared to others.... But if you new to drinking heavier beers it's a great starting point....

Archivist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Next time I get to a decent bar I'm going to try one of those. Right now though, a Gall Bracer, longer then normal with seltzer. I'm working on a paper, see.
The Aviation really is a decent drink. It's quite variable depending on how much Creme de Violette different bartenders pour into it. Also, only let them garnish it with real (house-made) Maraschino cherries, don't let them put one of those fluorescent red things into one. I had a nice one this evening at my local, after trying an interesting experiment with Yellow Chartreuse http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=56

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Archivist
The Aviation really is a decent drink. It's quite variable depending on how much Creme de Violette different bartenders pour into it. Also, only let them garnish it with real (house-made) Maraschino cherries, don't let them put one of those fluorescent red things into one. I had a nice one this evening at my local, after trying an interesting experiment with Yellow Chartreuse http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=56
Decent? I think it can be incredible! Also great with St. Germain. Negroni here. ~H

Archivist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Decent? I think it can be incredible! Also great with St. Germain.

Negroni here.

~H

laugh.gif
In my book, decent = incredible. Aviation's are one of my favorite cocktails.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Archivist
laugh.gif
In my book, decent = incredible. Aviation's are one of my favorite cocktails.

I don't think your book is a thesaurus

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by happy hooligan
And the Tumber is way better than New Castle. When I started with "real" beers and ale, New Castle was great... now that I've tasted others, I realize it's just okay...

For Brown Ales, I'd go

Goose Island Hex Nut Brown
Moose Drool
Maybe Daddy Brown?
then Tumber and way down there is New Castle.

I know NC is a Brown Ale, but it's so weak in the way of taste compared to others.... But if you new to drinking heavier beers it's a great starting point....

That settles it! That will be my next purchase!...after I finish my Insanity workouts...

Until then, just scotch. scotchy scotch scotch. In my case: Laphroig 10. Best Islay for the money, and far better than scotches that cost twice as much. There I said it.
peepwall[1].gif

cadillac37

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some recs on good bourbons/ryes for old fashioneds? What are your favorites? I'm looking to give something new a try. Thanks.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
That settles it! That will be my next purchase!...after I finish my Insanity workouts...

Until then, just scotch. scotchy scotch scotch. In my case: Laphroig 10. Best Islay for the money, and far better than scotches that cost twice as much. There I said it.
peepwall[1].gif

Laphroaig is a terrific scotch, but I find I can only really enjoy it a few times a month, before the medicinal character really gets on my nerves.. There are some others out there like Ardbeg and Ardmore that are welcome breaks, while still Islays.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cadillac37
Can anyone give me some recs on good bourbons/ryes for old fashioneds? What are your favorites? I'm looking to give something new a try. Thanks.

Sazerac, Rittenhouse (bottled in bond), or Canadian Club (sherry cask). Sazerac is my favorite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads