• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barbour international

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Besides the Kakadu, are there any other decent Babour International or Belstaff Roadmaster knockoffs, er sorry, replicas? Anybody know the quality of John Partridge in the U.K.?

bluecafe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Besides the Kakadu, are there any other decent Babour International or Belstaff Roadmaster knockoffs, er sorry, replicas?

Anybody know the quality of John Partridge in the U.K.?

I've read a lot of good reviews of the custom made leather Belstaff knockoffs made by the-tannery. You can find them on the uk ebay.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinksyncopated
thread revival -

How warm is the international? can it handle a chicago winter with layering underneath? I'm new to the city and have never experienced a winter (from LA) and looking for a stylish & warm jacket.

The A7-model that I just picked up is quite warm. I'm currently up in SLC for college, and think it will decently put me through all Fall, Winter, and probably most of spring. It's actually heavier than I expected it to be, but that's fine. Born in Chicago, I'd say that it should manage all but the coldest of days.

thinksyncopated

Reaction score
Thank you. Is this the A7? http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=14YL

Originally Posted by El Argentino
The A7-model that I just picked up is quite warm. I'm currently up in SLC for college, and think it will decently put me through all Fall, Winter, and probably most of spring. It's actually heavier than I expected it to be, but that's fine. Born in Chicago, I'd say that it should manage all but the coldest of days.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

themselves

Reaction score
I don't understand the positioning of the logo on the front of some of these jackets... surely the appeal is that they have this kind of low key, utilitarian look to them - so why would you want a highly visible gold logo on the front.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by themselves
I don't understand the positioning of the logo on the front of some of these jackets... surely the appeal is that they have this kind of low key, utilitarian look to them - so why would you want a highly visible gold logo on the front.

It's brand marketing for an event - namely a motocross race.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe the logo is on a velcro fastener and can be taken off.

thinksyncopated

Reaction score
I'm undecided on the logo. Looks tacky on one hand, but part of the jacket's character on the other... For the people that have the jacket, did you leave the logo on or take it off?

Racing Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinksyncopated
I'm undecided on the logo. Looks tacky on one hand, but part of the jacket's character on the other... For the people that have the jacket, did you leave the logo on or take it off?

The logo on my International is not velcroed-on so it's a permanent fixture. It's part of the jacket though and the only logo on any of my Barbours so I'm not really bothered.

dave

Reaction score
the logo is not velcro, it's stitched. even if it was velcro, would you rather take it off and have the velcro strips hanging out there? you really think that's better? ****, if it's good enough for Steve McQueen, it's good enough for me.

Beetleything

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
the logo is not velcro, it's stitched. even if it was velcro, would you rather take it off and have the velcro strips hanging out there? you really think that's better? ****, if it's good enough for Steve McQueen, it's good enough for me.

i thought about going over mine with a permanent marker to dull it down ...works pretty good...but decided to leave it as is...

i had a guy in Harry Rosen talking to me about it when i wore it in there once......he saw the badge\\logo.....telling me they are popular.....

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beetleything
i thought about going over mine with a permanent marker to dull it down ...works pretty good...but decided to leave it as is...

i had a guy in Harry Rosen talking to me about it when i wore it in there once......he saw the badge\\logo.....telling me they are popular.....

Do you know of anywhere you can buy them in Toronto? I'd like to be able to try one on.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Do you know of anywhere you can buy them in Toronto? I'd like to be able to try one on.

I know there's an Orvis in Buffalo if you want to hike down there.

skidsm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
I've been looking at getting a Bedale jacket, but I'm concerned that it might not be warm enough for a Toronto winter. It's really more of a rain jacket, isn't it. Any thoughts?

I have a bedale and live in Cleveland, so similar climate. I have the snap-in liner, and with the liner, it is warm enough for everything but the sub-zero days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads