• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really really hate the tie.

black skinny shiny tie = "i decided to step up my style and GQ says skinny ties are in so i'm all fashiony now".

it's especially bad when celebrities' stylists dress them up like that.

jamays00

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
A black tie with green plaid is a terrible decision. In fact, just wearing a jacket with a plaid shirt is probably not going to work most of the time. Shoes don't look like they have a great toe shape, it's a little hard to tell but they look too squared off to be nice. The jacket is too big in places, even if you can't size down, you should be looking for a different cut. It's not atrocious, but it's not very good either. Although, the styling of the jacket, acceptable. With a solid shirt and a non-black tie this could be better, but overall not super inspired I suppose. Meh, there has been MUCH worse. Also, winq's post is the most outrageous waywt I've ever seen lmao Although, from personal experience, video is much better than a picture. My legs look so huge in pictures... but they're actually quite toothpicky. Though, still not quite fuji...
Originally Posted by hendrix
i really really hate the tie. black skinny shiny tie = "i decided to step up my style and GQ says skinny ties are in so i'm all fashiony now". it's especially bad when celebrities' stylists dress them up like that.
tie isnt black, its grey just looks black in the pic shoes arent the best, but prior to that i had a pair of squared off kenneth coles heres a better pic of the shoes
41QJHaGOUCL._AA300_.jpg

gtu2004

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
skinny ties are cool now man, mad men is a popular show about banging chicks that all men can love

I wear slim ties (2.5" at the widest point) most of the times but skinny ties are way too showy for my taste, and hence make one look like trying too hard, especially in a professional environment. in that pic his tie looks like a 1.75" at the widest point. well, i guess i'm just a lil more old fashioned.

jamays00

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gtu2004
I wear slim ties (2.5" at the widest point) most of the times but skinny ties are way too showy for my taste, and hence make one look like trying too hard, especially in a professional environment. in that pic his tie looks like a 1.75" at the widest point. well, i guess i'm just a lil more old fashioned.

that is my skinniest tie... normally i wear ties that are about 2.5-2.75 and just plain button downs. thought i'd go for a something a little different here but from everyone's reaction it seems like that was a failed attempt... o well

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winq
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

dude. dude.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamays00
that is my skinniest tie... normally i wear ties that are about 2.5-2.75 and just plain button downs. thought i'd go for a something a little different here but from everyone's reaction it seems like that was a failed attempt... o well
Part of it, for me, is the rise of the pants and their shape... Are you sagging them? They seem kind of off, especially around the thigh/waist.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The fit on the guys stuff is pretty good don't know what you guys are going on about. Sure the pieces aren't great but the blazer fit isn't off how you guys say it is, maybe my 21.5" monitor isn't as well calibrated as your guys'.

This is a case of one guy saying something and conditioning everyone to seeing something that isn't there.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
The fit on the guys stuff is pretty good don't know what you guys are going on about.

+1

everything looks like it fits fine, just the combination and pattern that is off.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
actually heard this is quite good, no clue where to buy it though. gatsby is easy to find
Ebay, but it's a bit more expensive than my Gatsby source

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scooba
Not a full WAYWT, just would like opinions on the fit of the jeans. Ervell from the Gilt Sale. Yay or Nay? Thanks.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...n/CIMG0473.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...n/CIMG0485.jpg

Hey, Scooba, I see you got the Ervell jeans already. Love the color, but have to agree with some of the others, I don't think the cut of the jeans work for your build since the thighs down look too baggy for what they're intended to be. I say sell/return and maybe look for the Naked & Famous Vintage Blue Selvage jeans that have a similar color but a fit that might be more for you.

Originally Posted by jet
The fit on the guys stuff is pretty good don't know what you guys are going on about. Sure the pieces aren't great but the blazer fit isn't off how you guys say it is, maybe my 21.5" monitor isn't as well calibrated as your guys'.

This is a case of one guy saying something and conditioning everyone to seeing something that isn't there.

Originally Posted by Nosu3
+1

everything looks like it fits fine, just the combination and pattern that is off.

Exactly. Fits and even shoes look acceptable, but would say the pattern and tie combo just isn't working here. Lose the tie and replace the shirt for a solid or even a gingham/not so casual pattern and it would look fine to me.

After getting out of my sweats attire for most of the Sunday morning, here's a casual get up for the remainder of yesterday:

100_4486.jpg

100_4495.jpg

- Man of Moods cardi
- Polo V Neck tee
- Epaulet Smith Indigo jeans (still settling/breaking in)
- CP '09 Perforated Achilles Mids from B&S (woo)

skunkworks

Reaction score
Jeans + shoes look great tonio. Great fit on the EPs with just the right amount of stack.

Also, I thought I was crazy re: H&M blazer fit. +1 to "it looks like everything fits ok but the patterns/styling needs reconsideration".

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First frantic freshly frigid fall flannel fotograp learning to use new picture machine.
ekblB.png
i8ZOD.png

These are my twice washed 15 mo. old Nudies. My body has changed since I bought them, but I am attached. Fit thoughts?

Ferluci

Reaction score
Bought a new cam so the picture quality should go up.

Trying something new.

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

Ferluci

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scooba
you're going to get yelled at for the bare feet

Haha well all my posts so far are with bare feet... I never wear socks in the house
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads