• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
tnx. water is your friend__ don't be afraid to warm soak 'em when needed. it helps cure/temper/reset the denim & threads without losing too much indigo [if that is what you want]. i know "starching" is blasphemous in certain circles cuz some say it's "cheating". i say it's "props" [of the trade]__ like Preparation H to a hang-overed model, lulz! anyways, i never claim to be a denim purist. a spritz of [heavy] starch on the laps/whiskers & combs areas while damp [not dripping wet] will keep the creases perked up & edges prone to ataris. as the saying goes__ "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".
What detergent do you recommend for washing? Woolite black? I am afraid I've blurred up the indigo on my APCs by using regular detergent. Also I have some decent lap whiskers but the honeycombs are just not clicking, and the laps/knees are not fading. I've had em for 6 months now this Wednesday, 2 washes, 1 soak

Conundrum

Reaction score
Duuuude, 2 washes and one soak in 6 monhts is waaaaaaaaaay to much. I'm not even soaking my APC's. They don't even need soaking actually. Why soak?

Someone should press charges. This guy raped his APC's ....

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhunGar
quick quesiton then how do you when to soak them?
i just simply warm soak [from tap] for about 45mins__ nothing fancy, really. i don't even turn them inside out cuz there's no reason to__ they just sit still in the sink.
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
What detergent do you recommend for washing? Woolite black? I am afraid I've blurred up the indigo on my APCs by using regular detergent. Also I have some decent lap whiskers but the honeycombs are just not clicking, and the laps/knees are not fading. I've had em for 6 months now this Wednesday, 2 washes, 1 soak
yea, i wash cold with Woolite "Dark" on [permanent cycle] setting. usually, you turn them inside out [to avoid random creasing] on initial washes [before the break in]. but, i never do initial washes before break in anyway, so it's unnecessary [to turn them]__ the fabric has soften up from months of wear & has undergone several soaks before it gets chucked in the washer.

IMO, the behavior of the denim dictates the wash/soak frequency [in general]. of course, individual taste & style preference are a big factor, as well. bottomline is, there's really no one way about it.

in general, i do periodic/multi-soaks & refrain from washing until the creases [whiskers & combs] have fully developed & set in__ [how long?] depends on how resilient the indigo dye is & the frequency+degree of wear it gets. after the 2nd wash, it's wash when needed__ which is [normally] more frequently, for me.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Emilyjones
I know a good website, there is so many jeans. Maybe you would like to have a look.

spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

mikecch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Conundrum
Duuuude, 2 washes and one soak in 6 monhts is waaaaaaaaaay to much. I'm not even soaking my APC's. They don't even need soaking actually. Why soak?

Not necessarily mate.
There are many benefits to pre-soaking your jeans and washing your jeans regularly - just check the 'I have a jeans' thread...

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Conundrum

I made some mistakes. But I think not soaking for 6 months is ridiculous. Your ***** will grow mold.

Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
i just simply warm soak [from tap] for about 45mins__ nothing fancy, really. i don't even turn them inside out cuz there's no reason to__ they just sit still in the sink.

yea, i wash cold with Woolite "Dark" on [permanent cycle] setting. usually, you turn them inside out [to avoid random creasing] on initial washes [before the break in]. but, i never do initial washes before break in anyway, so it's unnecessary [to turn them]__ the fabric has soften up from months of wear & has undergone several soaks before it gets chucked in the washer.

IMO, the behavior of the denim dictates the wash/soak frequency [in general]. of course, individual taste & style preference are a big factor, as well. bottomline is, there's really no one way about it.

in general, i do periodic/multi-soaks & refrain from washing until the creases [whiskers & combs] have fully developed & set in__ [how long?] depends on how resilient the indigo dye is & the frequency+degree of wear it gets. after the 2nd wash, it's wash when needed__ which is [normally] more frequently, for me.

Sweet, thank you man.

Morgan

Reaction score
I originally posted these jeans on page 3 of this thread, but I finally got my Eternal 811 one-wash jeans altered at Denim Revival here in LA. I'm pretty pleased with the result - what do you guys think?

Front before:
Wo4oll.jpg

Front after:
s9Uprl.jpg

Side before:
SAch3l.jpg

Side after:
rNM7Xl.jpg

Back before:
GnUPQl.jpg

Back after:
o3Tmal.jpg

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TAWta.jpg

cheap monday autobahn unwash

these guys have 3 months of wear, and 1 wash.

joshyle

Reaction score
Denim: Nudie Jeans Co - Slim Jim Dry Broken Twill Wear Info: 1 year Breakdown: 5 days/week minus 3 weeks of vacation or ~239/365 days. Wash Info: N/A - No washing or soaking. - Josh

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Morgan, that's a huge improvement.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
I originally posted these jeans on page 3 of this thread, but I finally got my Eternal 811 one-wash jeans altered at Denim Revival here in LA. I'm pretty pleased with the result - what do you guys think?

Front before:
Wo4oll.jpg

Front after:
s9Uprl.jpg

Side before:
SAch3l.jpg

Side after:
rNM7Xl.jpg

Back before:
GnUPQl.jpg

Back after:
o3Tmal.jpg

wow, awesome work.
laugh.gif

they fit you much much better

did you also get the waist taken in?

Morgan

Reaction score
I did not get the waist taken in, actually - that was the only part that fit! I usually take a 32 but these are size 33, which was the smallest size I could actually button up when trying them on. I couldn't even get the 32s on all the way. After just a few hours of wear, though, they had stretched way the hell out all over, but the waist was fine.

The only thing that really gives away the amount of work done on them is the fact that the warp and woof of the denim now run diagonally across the legs, rather than straight up and across. You can see this in the "front after" photo. It should make for some interesting fades.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
I did not get the waist taken in, actually - that was the only part that fit! I usually take a 32 but these are size 33, which was the smallest size I could actually button up when trying them on. I couldn't even get the 32s on all the way. After just a few hours of wear, though, they had stretched way the hell out all over, but the waist was fine. The only thing that really gives away the amount of work done on them is the fact that the warp and woof of the denim now run diagonally across the legs, rather than straight up and across. You can see this in the "front after" photo. It should make for some interesting fades.
that happpens in most jeans anyways

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads