• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
51WIh6wX1tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Smith sucks a bag of dicks.
I thought this was supposed to be the "new and improved" Alex Smith... This looks like the same crappy Alex Smith we all know and love.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I hope nobody put money on the Niners today. The hype is premature, again.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H8TERS!

It's only game 1. Let's talk in week 9.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I thought this was supposed to be the "new and improved" Alex Smith...
This looks like the same crappy Alex Smith we all know and love.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Put in Nate Davis

**** me now. Go ahead Slim start picking out my punishment.
New and improved Alex Smith is the same sad sack of **** that every 9ers fan has been asking why about for years. What is this, year 6? He has never shown a feel for the game, any desire to run although everybody says he has great legs, never shown any command of the game, any feel, or any real skill. **** him and **** sing for his ****** game calls.
****!

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh and **** 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I hope nobody put money on the Niners today. The hype is premature, again.

Well, the division is **** so they stand a good chance at winning it but until they get a proper QB and a proper offensive scheme they won't be getting out of the first round.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some teams I never watch play since I could care less about them, but today I watched the Bucs-Browns game from start to finish. The reasoning: I have setup two 32 inch tv's next to each other so that I can watch 2 games at once and decided on putting the Bucs-Browns game on one tv while I flip around on the other since I am a Bucs fan and have J. Harrison on my fantasy team. I now know why the Browns are such a ****** franchise.

The Bucs suck and I won't deny that as they are a young team a couple years away from hopefully being a contender. But the Browns offensive playcalling was atrocious. Give a 12 year old an xbox controller and Madden and he could have called a better game. For one, Mangini states that it's Harrison's job to lose and he's going to get him a ton of touches. Then they come out with Peyton ******* Hillis running the ball. Nothing against Hillis, but he's a bruiser an Harrison is way more explosive. Harrison only gets 3 carries at half and 9 for the game? Ridiculous and it wasn't that he was not effective because he was. Hillis also fumbled twice losing one. Delhomme is a ****** QB and it was a close game so why the hell do they end up with 38 passing attempts vs. 23 rushing attempts against a team that had a horrible run defense last year?

Their whole passing game involved Delhomme dopping back and trying to complete 10-15 yard passes with the occasional deep ball. I don't remember the last time I watched a game and didn't see hardly any play action passes, screens, or check down passes at all. Not to mention they didn't run any draws in the running game. Third and long and they have Hillis as their back? It's not like the Bucs front 4 was getting to Delhomme because they really weren't but I guess they felt like they needed to keep their RB in to block. But Harrison is a lot more explosive and could have been used as a check down for Delhomme and in the open field has a lot more potential to make a play than Hilllis does. It just appeared like the Browns ran the most basic pee wee football offense and it was pathetic.

I should be happy my Bucs won, but watching that pathetic display of offensive play calling just made me mad. No wonder Browns fans have had nothing to root for for years.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
as a long time Lions fan, that **** was heartbreaking. Probably one of the worst calls ever in the NFL. Calvin took 3 steps and his ass hit the ground before the ball even hit the ground, and he clearly had possession using the ball to push himself off the ground. even though they should have won the game, the play calling the entire time was way to conservative, they didn't throw the ball over 10 yards until that last drive. Hopefully Stafford is alright and can come back next week, now excuse me while I go drink my sorrows away.

Yeah I don't get that "process" of a catch ****. If Calvin would have caught it and then held the ball over the line he'd get a TD, but he walks in the ******* endzone and it's not a catch?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just sad. I don't understand how many times Gore can get stuffed up the gut before they realize they need a more diverse offensive playbook.

Oh and once more for good measure: **** Alex Smith he has missed the throw on 3 TDs today.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks fox. how'd you know
ffffuuuu.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
philly qb controversy?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
philly qb controversy?

The Dolphins started the Wildcat, the Eagles should start something with a 2 QB set. Have Kolb and Vick line up side by side in the shotgun. If ya snap it to Kolb it could be a regular pass play, handoff to Vick, or a pass to Vick running towards the sideline and he could run or pass. If ya snap it to Vick it could be a pass or run. Call it the Freebird.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads