• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
All saints Montgomery boots

IMG_4361.jpg
\\
IMG_4362.jpg

these look a lot nicer than i would have expected

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking boots fuji. I think I've finally settled on White's Retro (straight heel) Semi-dress boots in either brown chromexcel or black cherry water buffalo, with a cap toe and vibram half soles (with double leather?) for my next boot. Although, i like slide13's with the underslung heel...
Originally Posted by slide13
Did a custom order on some White's Semi-Dress back in early November and they showed up today. I'm thrilled with them, they turned out exactly as I wanted and the quality is amazing. My Alden boots are nice, but these are another level.
dsc2496w.jpg
dsc2510.jpg
(for those interested there are more pics in the SUFU "...better with age" thread)

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Z, do you know what leather slide got on his?

I don't really like the aging properties of chromexcel and was thinking of going for the brown smooth leather. I'd get the block heel, but dont know what sole option I want. I'd be using them for field work so I was thinking of the mini lug, just wish that the Semi Dress came with the half sole option.

Good to hear you are finally upgrading your boots!

daruma

Reaction score
looking for a high boot...around 7-8". any recs? black/brown, whatever, it just has to be simple and functional. gonna use it in the rain.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jaydc- I am not sure of the leather he used, but it looks great. You should PM him. yeah, I'd really like some brown smooth leather like his, but the black cherry sounds very tempting. I think they'd look SO nice with half soles, so I might have to take them to a cobbler afterwards. I finally had to tell myself 'no more new clothes until I have new boots!'
smile.gif

bbhewee

Reaction score
l1060366.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture. My Trickers. Two pairs of Bourtons, two pairs of Stows, one pair of Roberts.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Z - I'm thinking of getting single leather, close trip, block heel, and then getting a vibram half sole put on afterwards.

Part of me feels like its a white's cop-out, but I don't want a huge sole.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't decide between single or double sole, especially if I'm going to add a vibram half sole. BTW, Ed says the block heel is much harder to walk in, which I believe. The underslung sole looks so nice with the shape of the back of the boot... I think I just might change my mind.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
All saints Montgomery boots

IMG_4361.jpg
\\
IMG_4362.jpg

Those are really nice. Good pick.
smile.gif

FELT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
These just arrived earlier this week. I paid 80 quid expecting NIB Loakes Burford boots, and when they arrived they were the Burford twos! Brand spanking new, just had to put an insole in em because they were a tad too spacious. Almost makes up for not getting the brogues I wanted in the Gilt Grenson sale a few days ago... they must have sold out in 60 seconds.

img0001mik.jpg

img0002ve.jpg

These are really nice.

I don't fully follow, though - what was the difference between what you thought you'd ordered and what you received?

And more importantly, where did you find them for £80?? I'm veering towards Barker Harrisons at the moment, for the Dainite sole, but would go for these if I could get them for that price.

dave333

Reaction score
As a winter boot, I think they look fairly good. But idk about the quality of frye?....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads