• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see your weight loss

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
congrats. but you dont look any different, did it all come from your face?

It did make a big difference. You have one of those frames that carries things pretty evenly. Congrats.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sure there would be a lot of pictures if we had let's see you gain weight threak.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I am sure there would be a lot of pictures if we had let's see you gain weight threak.

I just saw one. I didn't see any photos yet. Its so hard not to gain weight because the food is so good. Calories are fun!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
That last layer is the toughest to get rid of, you should try teetotalling if you haven't already (no alcohol AT ALL), or just be totally effin' nuts with what you put in your body.
yeah, this is the problem. cut down significantly, but i have 3-4 glasses of wine a week still
facepalm.gif

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some truly amazing transformations in here!

When i got married i was big into weight training and was sitting at 170ish 12%BF, well then i got married! I went from 200lbs at 5'7 to 140lbs and have had it off for almost 5 years now give or take minus 5 lbs..depending on my cycle season. I think originally it took me 8 months or so to get it all off..my original waist measurement was a 43 now it's a 30 lol I felt so horrible being fat that it made me want to eat more. You just have to break the cycle.

Vicky01

Reaction score
Obesity has become common in both male and female these days, as all of us are involved more in mental activities than physical activities. Everyone dreams of having a good and beautiful figure, but not everyone will live the dream. With some simple and easy weight loss steps, anyone can lose weight and gain a toned body.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
There are some truly amazing transformations in here!

When i got married i was big into weight training and was sitting at 170ish 12%BF, well then i got married! I went from 200lbs at 5'7 to 140lbs and have had it off for almost 5 years now give or take minus 5 lbs..depending on my cycle season. I think originally it took me 8 months or so to get it all off..my original waist measurement was a 43 now it's a 30 lol I felt so horrible being fat that it made me want to eat more. You just have to break the cycle.

very nice.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
NYR, that's pretty impressive - our stats are similar, both beginning weight and current weight (weighed myself yesterday at 166, i'm 5'10"-11")

the difference is that unlike you, i still have a thin layer of ******* fat around my midsection...frustrated as hell
mad.gif

This is where things like PSMF and carb cycling diets come in. Look into RFL and UD2.0. They work very well and will get you down into sub 10% range.

Costanza

Reaction score
I went from 211 on February 1st to 185 on September 1st by counting calories. I have graphs to proove it.

East2West

Reaction score
I lost 30 pounds last year. I cut down with lots of weights and cardio.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
2vuhvyd.jpg

Just hit my (initial) goal of 81 pounds of weight loss, and it's taken me exactly 11 months. I started at 241 and i'm now 160.. I need probably another 10 pounds of fat loss or more to be slim, really, but it's been an interesting ride. I've also put on a reasonable amount of muscle, but I haven't measured body fat or anything and is mostly based on what I see in the mirror + lifting gains.

Before working out, I was wearing a 46 jacket and it was too tight to button- I'm somewhere now between a 36 and a 38 now, should hopefully be a solid 36 within the next couple months.

I started doing the diet in a book called Testosterone Advantage, but have since moved to doing a general calorie-counting high protein low carb sort of diet. I've done little to no cardio and done all lifting, mostly work outs from another book called New Rules of Lifting. Starting an IA workout soon.

Never worked out before this so it was definitely a transformative experience. I hope to continue cutting then trying to increase mass slightly- I'm a pretty short guy, so I don't want to get too bulky. I'm also a little scared of starting to eat at a slight surplus rather than deficit- worried it will be more fat than muscle increase.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jsoftz
2vuhvyd.jpg

Just hit my (initial) goal of 81 pounds

Never worked out before this so it was definitely a transformative experience. I hope to continue cutting then trying to increase mass slightly- I'm a pretty short guy, so I don't want to get too bulky. I'm also a little scared of starting to eat at a slight surplus rather than deficit- worried it will be more fat than muscle increase.

Awesome. Don't worry though because now you're armed with the knowledge of what your body needs to do to lose...you can experiment with eating what you like to see if it will maintain. You may be surprised by what you find.

Rathbone

Reaction score
Don't have any good pictures on-hand at the moment (might post some later) but a few years ago i dropped around 100 pounds or so during the course of a year/year+1/2. Unfortunately, i gained a little back over the past few months during my current unemployed stint (holidays and weak will have a lot to do with it, too) but i'm still way under what i'd used to be.

Just made sure to steadily increase physical activity and significantly restrict my Doritos and Pizza Rolls diet. Since, i've made an effort to eat a lot better and stick mostly to water and - apart from recent laziness - exercise daily.

gwolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
NYR, that's pretty impressive - our stats are similar, both beginning weight and current weight (weighed myself yesterday at 166, i'm 5'10"-11")

the difference is that unlike you, i still have a thin layer of ******* fat around my midsection...frustrated as hell
mad.gif

i'm the same height. when i was that weight 165-ish i barely ate. 175-185 is a comfy weight for me when weight training. i'm thinking of going back down 165 but have no idea how to go about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads