• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Depends on your preference for cannolis versus kimchee.

Here is a demonstration how (not) to make cannoli:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
need someone strong, with a firm grip, and pull down on the quarters like there is no tomorrow!

I've seen him a few times in different jackets, none of them fit him in the neck, it's strange.

+1

Originally Posted by iammatt
I asked the tailor about this. Apparently Mariano wants his jackets that way. He likes it. Odd, and frustrating to his tailor.

At least I wasn't imagining things.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You like it, the harrumph?
inlove.gif
There was a "serious" and good natured discussion in the most recent sequence after whnay. posted up his last batch of Ruby shirts. It wasn't Earth shattering, but it was there. There's only so much one can say about chambray. Sad, but true. There are five or six members who can talk about the experience of getting a Rubinacci, but everyone can talk about whether they like what they see, don't you agree? Seeing it only photographs is a degraded modality, but still, it seems naive to expect more in a free social medium based only on words and photographs. Some people actually don't like the look of Rubinacci. Forvm worship of it faltered when Cantabrigian and you posted photos and more real life examples were seen other than Mattypoo's stuff. The Internet honeymoon was over after that. I happen to think that your stuff looks great, but the fact of the matter is, you're a lightning rod. I feel that another shoe is about to drop, which is that Rubinacci might get the A&S Treatment from the online coterie of actual and amateur tailors who post. It hasn't happened yet, and I hope it doesn't because it would be rather useless and impossible to keep it good-natured or at least civil. I for one want to see more examples other than Luca Rubinacci, which is why I was encouraging cool to brave the savage beast. - B

Harrumph...!

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiimii
I skip 95% of the posts and read only the ones by you guys:

bengal, shoefan, RSS, Concordia, medwards, Will, etutee, manton, t4phage, RJman, voxsartoria, costi, iammatt, whnay, uppercase, aportnoy, sator, jefferyd, mafoofan...

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
wow, that was very enlightening.

Is this where we now pick apart that awful combo of beat up shoe vs dressy trou vs pseudo rugby pullover? I mean, how can his suits be any good if he dare wear that?
laugh.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rubinacci-book_26.pdf-7Adobe-Reader.bmp

Not sure what is going on with the shirt sleeve but everything else looks pretty damn good.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Rubinacci-book_26.pdf-7Adobe-Reader.bmp

Not sure what is going on with the shirt sleeve but everything else looks pretty damn good.

Mariano is always very elegant...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads