• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Not sure why, but I imagined this being spoken aloud in a thick cajun accent and it made me smile.

LOL warren G is asian.

but yeah....not a super fun game to watch but our crowd made it fun -- we watched at a cigar bar.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
And even if he DID get beat up, it doesn't excuse him for being a douche. He and T.O. are the only two players in the NFL who literally hold us hostage with their bullshit for six months during every off-season. I'm not saying that it's entirely his/their fault - ESPN and etc have to fill programming hours. But Favre knows what he's doing. Certain players just want the attention. He's one of them. If anything, I give Owens more respect, because at least he's honest about it and not hiding behind some "Aw shucks, I'm just happy driving my tractor" crap.
agreed

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still don't really get why any of that makes him a douche. There are way more attention-seeking players in all sports. I honestly don't think favre did anything wrong.

Would you have been happier if he retired and we had to watch Tavaris Jackson/Sage Rosenfels week in week out? Football is much better with favre in there.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he's a douche to his fans, management, backups, and teammates for not attending training camp, for one thing. he looked like ass on thursday. whether he's intentionally seeking attention or not, his actions are douchey and show a major lack of respect for those around him.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
I still don't really get why any of that makes him a douche. There are way more attention-seeking players in all sports. I honestly don't think favre did anything wrong.
Name a bigger one over the past five years. There aren't any that I can think of.
Would you have been happier if he retired and we had to watch Tavaris Jackson/Sage Rosenfels week in week out? Football is much better with favre in there.
You know what? Maybe if he didn't make the Vikes wait until a week before the regular season to let them know whether or not he was going to grace them with his presence, they could do better than Tavaris Jackson. Does the name Aaron Rogers ring any bells? How about Mark Sanchez? This is what happens when a team decides to "move on". They can draft and train a replacement who is actually halfway decent. Then, he can take over, and you can stop spending your entire off season wondering if you are going to have a QB or not. The sixteen days a year he's on the field, he's a good QB. But the rest of the time, he's actually holding the Vikings hostage with his bs, and they are just either too shortsighted, or afraid of pissing him off to do anything about it.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Name a bigger one over the past five years. There aren't any that I can think of.

Lebron James. Except Lebron is actually an elite player.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent

Lebron could have handled his situation in a much better fashion, but:

1. While it's hard to remember now, up until a few months ago most people liked LeBron
2. He's in his mid 20s and it was his time dealing with free agency vs. Favre, who is 40 and has been around the block a few times
3. Can you really blame Lebron for leaving Cleveland to go play in Miami with a bunch of his buddies?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Uh... Not even close, IMO. James was over and done in three months, and we won't have to deal with that **** again. Favre's "look at me" happens every year, like clockwork, and takes up Feb-August of every year. It's not that I don't think Favre is a good QB. He is. But there are a lot of good QB's who dont require year round ESPN coverage, and crippling a team in the offseason to appease their ego.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol @ Favreophiles. GB fans know wassup.

GB-Phi should be a pretty good game on Sunday. Pretty confident in most phases, but the idea of D-Jax getting matched up on anyone who's not Woodson or Nick Collins is terrifying. Covering Celek shouldn't be bad, McCoy doesn't scare me...O-line against blitzes is a little troubling and their special teams will destroy the Packers'.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
I think the Rams actually have a good shot of upsetting Arizona today, fingers crossed.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
week 1 is always the best. all the anticipation finally released, all these surprises because we really don't know which teams are good and which ones suck.

except for my fantasy football team. there's a roughly 100% chance that it sucks.

zhouyu

Reaction score
@arteetlabore14 looks tricky... Cant trust Derek Anderson just yet... but who Sam Bradford gonna throw to??
IMO, ARI > STL... might be wrong, didn't dare to play it... so good luck to u

as for me...
MIA-3, DET-3, CIN+5.5, JAX-3, IND-1.5, OAK+6, GB-3, SF-3, DAL-3.5

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahaha Bengals SUCK. Poor Cincy management should have fired Marv Lewis long ago, now after last year's flukey season (and predictable playoff flameout) they have to endure at least another year of sucking.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's go Panthers. Plz wreck the Giants.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
sammy20c20seahawkstop20.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads